Thank you, everybody!

flyer314

Hatching
Sep 23, 2015
Hi! We have owned our ducks for 3 months now and I never could have done it without "BYC". ;) We had a terrible time with a fox who ran off with our Khaki, but our 2 golden 300's survived. They were injured and stunned. We bought them two therapy ducks, a pekin and a cayuga. Well, the pekin turned out to be a boy, so we may be hatching some chicks soon. Will that work? We are VERY new to this whole thing. It has been like Christmas morning around here for the past two weeks since our Goldens started laying. Still waiting on our cayuga to join the party. Now we know why the pekin's not laying. Ha! Thank you all for the valuable information! BYC is our go-to for all of our duck needs.

**Update...my "muscovy" is actually a pekin. Not sure what I was thinking. :)

Last edited:
Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm sorry to read about your troubles with the fox :hugs I had the same problem once and it was just awful. I'm pleased that things are now better. I'm afraid I'm not a duck person but im sure the duck keepers over in the duck section will be able to help you with any questions. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Wishing you the very best of luck in the future.
Enjoy BYC :frow

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So sorry about the fox issues! Predators are just awful!

Definitely stop by our Ducks section for more help. Yorkshire Coop has left you with the link.

Good luck and we do welcome you to our flock!

welcome-byc.gif

I've never raised ducks (I'm a chicken person) but they do look like fun and the ducklings are the cutest. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss...that's just something you never get used to.

Yorkshire coop has given you the duck forum so I just wanted to say "hi".

Nice to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom