Thank you for help!

OhMyDuck

Chirping
May 12, 2023
Thanks to you guys there is one more baby duck 🦆 out there:)
I found a single egg with no nest and in the middle of the field, not hidden at all. Just blue loneliness on the short grass. So I incubated it and it is a possible mallard duckling. See pictures.
I found information here about molting and shedding, but I don’t understand why would my 10 hour old chick shed?!
I am going to get wood shaving tomorrow, and duck feed is coming tomorrow too. So far it hasn’t been eating, but moving and very vocal.
I haven’t touched it much, because I’m planing to release it back When it’s ready. Or can I touch it anyways? It seems lonely. It hides under the shirt, even though I made it a little cave.. I play mallard duck sounds.. mirrors will be set up tomorrow. I gave it chicken egg yolk soaked in water. And plan to probably release it at my MIL farm with big pond and with pekin ducks or preferably at a lake I found it at. Just not sure if some mom duck would accepted this one now.. I’am eyeing one with 7 ducklings and might try in a few weeks I guess when it is feathered.. Not sure what to do.

I also own one rescue pet chicken. I rehabilitated her after sheep dogs injured her leg and when I tried to bring her back to her flock they were attacking her and so I took her back.

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpeg
    IMG_0387.jpeg
    626.1 KB · Views: 27
Thanks to you guys there is one more baby duck 🦆 out there:)
I found a single egg with no nest and in the middle of the field, not hidden at all. Just blue loneliness on the short grass. So I incubated it and it is a possible mallard duckling. See pictures.
I found information here about molting and shedding, but I don’t understand why would my 10 hour old chick shed?!
I am going to get wood shaving tomorrow, and duck feed is coming tomorrow too. So far it hasn’t been eating, but moving and very vocal.
I haven’t touched it much, because I’m planing to release it back When it’s ready. Or can I touch it anyways? It seems lonely. It hides under the shirt, even though I made it a little cave.. I play mallard duck sounds.. mirrors will be set up tomorrow. I gave it chicken egg yolk soaked in water. And plan to probably release it at my MIL farm with big pond and with pekin ducks or preferably at a lake I found it at. Just not sure if some mom duck would accepted this one now.. I’am eyeing one with 7 ducklings and might try in a few weeks I guess when it is feathered.. Not sure what to do.

I also own one rescue pet chicken. I rehabilitated her after sheep dogs injured her leg and when I tried to bring her back to her flock they were attacking her and so I took her back.
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom