Thank you for your service

FarmChix1

In the Brooder
Nov 25, 2016
Midwest
When we moved to the new place a year ago, we didn't even have a poultry barn. We got it finished in time to start raising chickens in the Spring. I wanted a variety, so I ordered two separate variety groupings from the Hatchery. We did straight runs and ended up with too many roos. Today is the day we thank some of them for their service and send them to freezer camp. We have given them a happy life while they were here, but everything and everyone here serves a purpose....

Last edited:
When we moved to the new place a year ago, we didn't even have a poultry barn. We got it finished in time to start raising chickens in the Spring. I wanted a variety, so I ordered two separate variety groupings from the Hatchery. We didn't do straight runs and ended up with too many roos. Today is the day we thank some of them for their service and send them to freezer camp. We have given them a happy life while they were here, but everything and everyone here serves a purpose....
I think you mean you did do straight runs?
Straight run is a mix of males and females.

Good on you for filling your freezer with those extra boys<thumbsup>

Awesome, hope they are yummy!
smile.png

Yep.....a good life, one really bad day. That's how it goes here too.

Matter of fact, Honey's going fishing this afternoon so I may finish off those last two cockerels, if the sun is shining. Or not raining, at least.

Back
Top Bottom