Thanks Backyard Chickens!

jackandkaren

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 15, 2016
We've gotten a great start to our new chicken adventure thanks to this site. I built a coop based on plans I found here and have 4 healthy chickens.

Hi and welcome to BYC.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced poultry keepers - loads of info on anything poultry. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
CT

welcome-byc.gif

It's nice to have you here. What breed of chickens do you have?

So far I have NOT had a good time on BYC almost no one has replied and I started a new thread called starting a flock and no one has replied :hit I have been on here for 3 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Im sorry its not going as well as you hoped. Its sometimes easier to join in on an existing thread, thats relevant to your chosen topic than to start fresh. Do look up your state thread, its always nice to talk to others who live and raise the flocks in similar conditions to yours. Try to be patient, and hang in there. This really is a great site, with more helpful information than ive found anywhere else.
Take care and congrats on your new flock!

Nice looking starter coop there, Jack and Karen.

I say starter coop, when you start to learn chicken math...
well, you'll see that works.

Meanwhile, have fun with the four.

Spook

Back
Top Bottom