The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a little talk with my bantam orps this morning and told them I need all 5 of them laying by the end of the month! Think it will work??

I had a little talk with my bantam orps this morning and told them I need all 5 of them laying by the end of the month! Think it will work??
fl.gif

Quote:
Priority Mail
00ae.png
Depart USPS Sort Facility

February 05, 2013

BIRMINGHAM, AL 35222

Expected Delivery By:
February 7, 2013
USPS Tracking/Delivery Confirmation
2122.png

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

February 05, 2013, 2:52 am

BIRMINGHAM, AL 35222

Acceptance

February 04, 2013, 9:58 am

BUHL, AL 35446

These were sent Monday no updat since Tues in the am.
he.gif
somad.gif
Do they realize they are messing with my eggs....... Going to the P.O. to check on them in the am!!!!!! Very Frustrating...

Don't feel bad. I sent eggs out on Saturday and the tracking said delivery on Monday. The eggs left the Tampa sorting center at 12:06 am Sunday morning. Nothing after that. They finally arrived at their destination yesterday morning...5 days later. The same person I sent my eggs to mailed eggs to me on Monday morning they arrived here yesterday morning...not even 3 days.

I shipped eggs on Saturday, one set to TN & one to LA, they both arrived on Monday from me in CA. I was pretty happy. I wondered with the new 5 day PO if they will still accept prepaid eggs on Saturday mornings. It's become my favorite day to ship.

Deb

YAY!!! Bring on the fun!!!!
bun.gif

Yay!!! I am definitely in! I will be getting a new Red roo for my dorkings next week, so by the time we need to set eggs, He should be (just barely out of Quarantine!!! Woot!!!!! I wonder if the hens will take to him in that short of time, though...what do y'all think...(trying to do the math in my head...its going to be close!)

I can always set some more of my Barnevelders' eggs.

I am in for this one.
wee.gif

Whoot! Count me in!

Me too, I'm in.,
big_smile.png

My birthday is March 9th so I will be setting out two barred rock eggs. I hope they are hens!
fl.gif

lau.gif

T-29 Days to set day! I guess we don't have any known Emu hatchers. Oh well maybe someone will jump in late on that one.

Two fun chicken facts for today.

The record for multiple egg yolks found in one chicken egg is 9!
The largest chicken egg ever laid weighed a pound and had a double yolk and shell.

I tried! I searched all the usual nest sites, even the ones that they think I don't know about. I looked and looked for an emu egg to set, but I didn't find one, not even one! Maybe next year!

In the meantime, I will look for an emu. That could make finding an egg to hatch easier......

Last edited:
[COLOR=4B0082]T-29 Days to set day! I guess we don't have any known Emu hatchers. Oh well maybe someone will jump in late on that one.[/COLOR] [COLOR=4B0082] [/COLOR] [COLOR=4B0082]Two fun chicken facts for today.[/COLOR] The record for multiple egg yolks found in one chicken egg is 9! The largest chicken egg ever laid weighed a pound and had a double yolk and shell.
That is on big egg, i wonder if it killed the chicken.

I tried! I searched all the usual nest sites, even the ones that they think I don't know about. I looked and looked for an emu egg to set, but I didn't find one, not even one! Maybe next year!

In the meantime, I will look for an emu. That could make finding an egg to hatch easier......
yuckyuck.gif

Hahaha...love the afterthought. You and me both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom