The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucasville
This was the closest show I could find, it's around 50ish minutes away from me.

(Here is the link to the show info if you are interested):
http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/Southern_Ohio.html

:) Cant wait.
Thank You!
To far for me though.
sad.png

what day is it for them? did you see beaks or you didn't open them enough... how much fluid is under membranes?
Day 39 - can't see beaks as membrane is opaque. The one I pictured is as far as I've opened. The other one has only a tiny hole to let in oxygen. I don't know how much fluid is under membranes - how can I tell? I have to leave for work in a half hour after doing chores so but I'm afraid if I don't do something now they may die before I have time after work to do it. :(

Last edited:
Ace, they are darling..is that a slick place they are standing on? Asking, because of that little one doing the splits there..is it splayed? Or does it walk normal when in the brooder? Had to ask. :p Hoping your OE is a girl..because that's what I would be doing if it were mine. I want an Olive Egg! :D
I tipped my styrofoam incubator on its side to take the pictures, so they could get pretty good traction there for the 30 seconds it took to get the pictures. As for the one doing the splits---it is splayed, but it was still walking fine. However, after a few comments I got on this forum (thanks everyone) I decided to put some hobbles on it. It seems to be doing much better.

I just hope they're all girls! (Yes, I just knocked on wood.)

Quote: I wet my clean steril finger and touch the membrane the wetness will let you see through the membrane and movement of your finger tip will tell you if there is a lot of fluid. Are they chirping or anything? if there are no pips and not shrink wrapped I would put them in since you have to go and just wait them out until later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom