The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have hatching fever!!!!
jumpy.gif
I hope I am not being too annoying posting about my babies all the time...but this is my first hatch ever and I am beyond excited!
ya.gif
Five of my seven are out so far and the last three were within minutes of each other. The first one that pipped seems like it is going to be the last of my Anconas to hatch, it has been approximately 25 hours but he's still alive and is making progress. The last egg from the barn isn't due until tomorrow (but it has several pips already). This has been by far the best Easter EVER!
bun.gif

Here is my first duckling now all fluffy:

Wow what a pretty baby!! what breed is it?

LOOK HOW EASY IS THIS ONE TO ENTER!!!

Contest #11

EASTER/Spring Fowl Photo Contest!

5th Annual 2014 Easter Hatch-a-long!

LL

Last years winner by soldier

We want your Easter/Spring Themed Fowl Photos!
Use your creativity and photography skills to submit your “Easter” themed Fowl Photos!

ANY fowl accepted!
Winner/s will be chosen by our BYC Judges!

2 entries per contestant

Prize:
Set of 2 New Rooster Plates

Courtesy of Sally Sunshine

No activity on the first pip from yesterday, but the second one to pip yesterday seems to be attempting to zip!

Also, the one next to that is jerking and chirping. There is hope, yet!

Come on, chickies!

I have hatching fever!!!!
jumpy.gif
I hope I am not being too annoying posting about my babies all the time...but this is my first hatch ever and I am beyond excited!
ya.gif
Five of my seven are out so far and the last three were within minutes of each other. The first one that pipped seems like it is going to be the last of my Anconas to hatch, it has been approximately 25 hours but he's still alive and is making progress. The last egg from the barn isn't due until tomorrow (but it has several pips already). This has been by far the best Easter EVER!
bun.gif

Here is my first duckling now all fluffy:

Post to your hearts content!! We are all proud poultry hatchers!!
wee.gif

Final hatch for me is 41. 42.7% hatch rate. That is bad for me. Had a lot of non fertile eggs this time around.

9-Naked Necks
25- Easter Eggers
4-Fully Feathered Naked Necks (Guess I'll have to call them mix breed chickens).
1-Wheaten Ameruacana
2-Light Brahma/Wyandotte crossbreds.
41-Total

Set 61 more last week, so I'll have another hatch in 2 weeks. Setting again next wee, just not sure how many yet.

Last edited:
The olive egg chicks...7 out of 8 and I'm leaving the last one in for a few days - now one of my four marans is pipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom