The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a total slacker. Looks like I'm gonna run to Safeway or Trader Joes and pick up some fertile eggs this morning. They should be ready for the 12:00 set time.
th.gif
I wonder if the duck eggs at Whole Foods are fertile?

You are lucky to have a Trader Joes. Wish we had one close by.

ITS SET DAY! EEEEEKKKKK..... So dang excited. I currently have 12 Americana's, 12 EE's, and then I'm waiting the long 1 1/2 hour to go pickup my OE. There will be 13-15 of those. We held out till to day so I could get a few more eggs. I should be home right at set time, unless there is horrible traffic. I'm so EXCITED. 2nd hatch, the bator will be almost 100% full.. eeekk!

Hey! You will have a looot of chickies before you know it..then what? Are you keeping some? I know you will. You won't be able to resist those cute EE's. I'll be watching to see what you have for sale on our thread. Have fun. :)

What, what? You can actually buy fertile eggs at the store? We just got a Trader Joes, about 45 mins from me. I wonder if I should stop by some time just to check it out.

Man, you have a Trader Joes? They are refrigerated, but people are getting them and they are hatching a few from them. Lucky!

Ok so I swore I would never be one of "those people" who can't even count how many eggs are in their incubators, but this year- that's me. When I add up my totals on paper I get 117 total, when I physically count them in the incubator I get 118.

25 Aruaucana
12 Egyptian Fayoumis
8 Dark Cornish (standard)
12 Exchequer Leghorn
2 Blue Marans
3 Ameraucanas
1 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
4 Olive Eggers
4 Wheaten Marans
1 Black Copper Marans
15 Silkie and Frizzle Assortment
6 Chocolate Old English
6 Black Mottled Belgian D'anver
5 Silver Duckwing Bantam
2 Silkie mix
5 Bielefelder Mix
6 Turkey Mix
and
1 mystery egg that I can't seem to pinpoint on paper but must be in the incubator because I count:
118 total eggs set!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom