The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know how many participants we have for this HAL?
smiley-laughing025.gif
smiley-laughing024.gif
smiley-laughing021.gif

Seriously, its an ever changing number right now. Many people are just joining, others who thought they would be able to set,have had their plans unfortunately changed. The current list has 330 participants, but some of those have said they won't be able to hatch.

My Grandmothers incubator circa mid 1950's...... Its been rewired a time or 3 but it works like a champ!!!

My "Official Count" is 14... the eggs on the right side of the incubator are due to hatch next weekend.... the Eggs on the left are set for the Hatch-Along!! I was originally going to set 12 but I couldn't say no to the last two eggs.... I swear they were begging to be put in the incubator. (hee hee)

Regardless... wish me luck because this is a staggered hatch in one incubator. My father said he has done this in the past with out issues so I guess its my turn to try! I removed the cheese cloth I had under the eggs due to hatch next week because it seemed to be messing with the humidity... so I am using a divider to keep the eggs separate! ..... Now I wait....

Just love looking at everybody's eggs that are being set and looking forward to all the others that will be set. My total #42 eggs just set.
[COLOR=000000]14 Lav Ameraucana eggs From BHep
14 of myChocolate/ Dun Laced Bantam Polish[/COLOR] eggs
[COLOR=000000]8 of my Buff Bantam Polish[/COLOR] eggs
[COLOR=000000]6 of my Araucana eggs[/COLOR]
Thank you BHep for the 14 Beautiful Lavender Ameraucans eggs. Love them!
Those are beautiful blue eggs!

I'm in for the hatch. Set 18 mixed eggs today. Some ee's and the rest are mixed .I hope my friend really wants chicks. I have 3 brooders going now and my new coop is still a few weeks away. Chicken math has exceeded my housing capacity. We also purchased 2 Scottish Highland Heifers yesterday for delivery next week. Got to get the electric fence up Monday around the 3 acre brush and pasture where they will be. We are picking up a 3 yr old mamma Great Pyr and one of her pups tomorrow. Just set up a new kennel for them in the freezing rain today. It has been a little hectic around here this week!!! hope everyone has a great hatch

Whoot! I'm still welcome...ing.
big_smile.png

Here is what I set, full incubator, now lets pray that at least 1/2 of them hatch

12-Ameraucana
12-EE
13-OE
3-Leghorn
2-Welsummer
1-Black Sex Link

43 total. Yikes!

I need to run and get shelf liner, I thought I had some from the last hatch, and it wasn't even enough for 1/2 the bator, so I will have to put it down when I hand turn in 48 hours.

Nice Karen, guess I should get a photo soon.

5 eggs 4 are mine 1 from the store I didn't get my shipped eggs they email me they where going to shipped out on the week of the 3/24 I email them last night for a tracking number The reply was the week of the 24 but I already payed for them months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom