The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my day in a nutshell (at least the poultry side of it, the other side is a sick baby and the pediatricians office) my "crazy hen" she lays eggs in the weirdest spots. this is NOT the weirdest one yet. (long story short, I have also found her making a secret nest in a bucket of dead squirrels, but it was not a pretty picture lol) hatched some Norwegian Jaerhons. Males are lighter and females are darker- i love sexlink chicks! Very cute!! And I need to ask....am I the only one wondering 'what does one do with a bucket of dead squirrels?' and my lone Welsh harlequin duckling. started with 10 eggs but all except this one were clears. Now I am off to candle my 118 eggs for the hatch along. they are mostly shipped eggs and it was still well below freezing here when they were shipping so fingers crossed I don't have a lot of clears.
I am in love with them!! is it me or do they look like little bunnies or something!! that color is amazing!! what do they look like as adults?

Kitten Update:
here they are at 5 days old...too precious for words. Soft, velvety tummies, sweet little squeaky mews...3 boys and 2 girls. lower left Asher (male), 2 orange and white boys: Maximus and Flynn, all gray female Anna, and gray and white female on right Elsa.

gun.gif

I some places it is legal to shoot dogs like that.

I am so sorry!

Its legal here (TN). I have warned my neighbors about their dog multiple times and it went after my fence to get the chickens (shot it in the butt with a bb gun) and it hasnt came back since. but i wouldnt hesitate to protect my babies from it now that i have warned the dog owners and the dog multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom