The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 hatched and 4 pips here

My HAL Seramas are done, but waiting on the Guineas and one more duck who are due tomorrow.

Out of 15 Seramas, 7 hatched. two needed assistance because they pipped about half an inch below the air cell and stopped. They look pretty good though. I cleared their beaks so they could breathe, put them back for an hour, then got their heads free. One hatched the rest of the way by himself and the other is still working on it.

The two duck eggs that had been kicked out of the nest by the silkie hen and were very cold for hours, hatched just great!
They are blue runner ducks. They hatched today, on day 27. Still waiting on one more duck egg.

The Guineas seem to be waiting for the right day! One small pip is all I see from them.

Zipping duck and two Seramas. Brown eggs are Guineas.

Pipping duck

Both popped out at the same time. Little dragon ducks!

Two Seramas that pipped below the aircell.

I had to leave this morning right after my first chick hatched, DH kept me informed through texts that I eventually had 7 out of the 38. And when I got home there were 9. This is day 20 for me.
big_smile.png

#2 made its appearance half an hour ago. What an excruciating wait. I woke up this morning with 4 pips, 1 showing signs of starting to zip. That one made it out at about 11:30. I figured the other three would follow right along, but nope. I even left the house for 2 hours, figuring that would convince them to come out of their shells. But when I got home, still no progress for anyone, and no new pips. :( So, I went and spent some time with their parents, then did some housework, played with the cats, browsed the internet. Was on my way to get supper for the cats, and took another peak in the incubator, and finally saw one of the eggs starting to zip. So, I watched incubator tv til the chick popped out. Looks just like her older sibling. So now I have 2 out of the shell, and there's another new pip. This is harder than I thought it would be, for sure.

Not the best picture I know, but there's my two babies.

Aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhhh! You guys are driving me crazy! As I went to Wales I didn't get to set the eggs until Tues. You guys will have packed your bators away and closed the thread before I get a pip. It is Saturday morning 12.27am as I post this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom