The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Checked two really quickly. One is just a full egg. Can see feathers but no movement. The other one was the Silkie. Air sac still fairly large. It's little toes were curled up and it was taking up most of the egg. No movement in it either. Now I'm even more worried! Lol @TJORDAN

1f64f-1f3fc.png
please be ok.

Moved my eggs into lockdown!
wee.gif

18 look GREAT! Due on Easter Sunday!!!
jumpy.gif

3 are questionable but I am keeping them in to be safe...

5 were dead
hmm.png
2 clear, 1 died around d5-7, and 2 died around day 15

Last edited:
@sally sunshine Up to 6 pips, only 9 more to go
wee.gif
ya.gif

GIF-duck-excited-Im-so-excited-GIF.gif

So my second wave of quail are hatching. I am putting them in a little plastic box in the bator so the ones that hatched yesterday don't trample them. I have one from last night that didn't close it's navel. I put a bandaid on him this morning only to check an hour later and he had torn it off. So I used some self sticking tape and put a piece of gauze over it and he had a little overall sort of thing. Two hours later and he was out of it and the protruding intestines looked worse. I decided to cull him but as I took him upstairs to get the scissors he was squirming so hard in my hands i decided what the heck I'll try and operate.

This is a splint that I made to try to stabilize my hen's hip. Didn't work because I couldn't keep it in place. I realized I could strap the quail chick to it so he couldn't squirm while I operated.

Operation tools: tweezers, dental probe, cotton swab with the end cut off.

Put sugar and Neosporin on the protruding intestine. Using the probe to hold open the hole/navel gently pushed the intestines in. Bandage like before but more carefully and hobble him so he couldn't claw it off. We will see.
GOOD LUCK UPDATE PLEASE!!!!!

Most Striking Domestic MALE Fowl Contest!

7th Annual 2016 Easter Hatch-a-long!

Previous Winner:

LL

Have a gorgeous male in your flock?

We want to see HIM!

ONE MALE domestic Fowl entry per Member,
up to two images of this same Male in order to show all of his STRIKING Features!

A panel of judges will determine the winner!

3 Prizes for the top 3 winners!

First Prize: $30.00 BYC Gift Certificate
courtesy of @Jessimom

Second Prize: Family Recipe Book
courtesy of @Penny Hen

Third Prize: 6 month GFM

2_byc-gold-feather-membership-200x200.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ny-will-hatch-2016-byc-easter-hatchalong/0_50

How Many Eggs Will Hatch?

7,491 eggs were set for the Easter Hatch-a-long

But, How Many Will Hatch?

Give us your best guess on how many eggs will HATCH
by all BYC'ers participating in this hatch-a-long.
It includes ALL chicks, whether they are chicken, duck, goose, turkey, quail, emus, etc.
Have the closest guess and you win!

The Prize:
chicken salt and pepper shaker,

courtesy of Hurley

LL

Deadline:​
March 27th
at midnight PST​
to submit Guess!

Back
Top Bottom