The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Silkies and the other one hatched. Nothing with the pipped one. The parents are paint hen black roo. These 2 are one white with what may look like a few black spots and the other is black with white feet, tail and chest. It's gonna be interesting to see how they feather out.

Would love to see! I still :drool thinking of your Silkies... ;)

I got a white Legbar! Pulled 11 more out of the good dry hatcher this morning, & 1 out of the bad bator. Still a few pipping. Only have 3 chicks from my flock this hatch so far, but lots of cuties!

Oh, nice!! I've never had a white pop out of mine... :thumbsup

It will possibly turn out to be a silver. I was reading up on them and there are three colors: the Cream, the Silver, and Gold. The Cream was what was imported but apparently there was some silver genes floating around. The golds are caused by "losing" the cream gene. Can't remember whether that gene is dominant or recessive so I won't try to describe how that happens.

That is a recessive white Cream Legbar... they've been popping up in some of the lines... there are several people now working on breeding them...

My hatch as ended out 14 shipped eggs 6 hatch.
Congratulations! Thank You!

I have 4 bantam chicks. Plus one baby dove.
Congratulations1 Thank You!

Update : 9 lavender ameraucana chicks made it! Hatched a few days ago. This was by far the hardest hatch I've done...

My 1 EE egg is doing great and set to hatch on Sunday! Should be a pip tomorrow, I'm Eggcited!!!

I had to have 1 egg for the actual hatchathon lol.. good thing it's done awesome.

Ok! Hatch completed. I had 6 hatch, but one died after hatching. So now I have 5 Speckled Sussex chicks enjoying their new pad.

MIKE, I HAD 14 OF MY HATCH A LONG EGGS HATCH.
Congratulations1 Thank You! And no new pic of the cutest chicks!
hu.gif

I just cleaned about 15 eggs out of the incubator, plus the water tray and wire because they were super gross and stunk. There are only 2 eggs left. One is internally pipped and the other is working on it. So, my hatch is just about done. The other 9 Silkie eggs were DIS and likely died before lockdown. Next time I'll let a broody hatch them since I'm not very good with bantam eggs. That's ok, though! I still need to count the chicks that have hatched, but I'll do that when I find out if the other 2 are going to hatch.

1st one hatched this morning. Up to 23 pips so far. Had to go into town for a birthday party should be home in about 6 hours. Kids and I have a contest going to guess how many hatched when we get home.

celebrate.gif
I'm so eggcited. I didn't expect to get any chicks and after being 2 days late I had given up. Early this morning I ended up with 3 silkie chicks before i went to bed at 9 am. I got up at 2:30 to find 2 english Orp chicks in there all dry and resting. I'm not giving a final count yet. I'm not sure if they're done.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom