The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Im out......all of mine are dead. Not surprised. Ill stick to hatching my own eggs. Im absolutly done trying to hatch other peoples eggs. Ends the same way everytime.

I'm sorry
1f622.png
... I had a really hard time with the hatch from someone else's eggs too... It's roulette I guess bc we don't know for sure quality or how they handled them... That really sucks.

I'm not sure, I just got them a couple of weeks ago. I am guessing these tan are coturnix but I'm not sure what the others are or if they are coturnix also.

Looks like 2 Scarletts (the dark ones), two English or Texas A&Ms (size is the only difference), The two golden speckled onez are really interesting. That is not one of the standard colors. It looks like the combination of Roux and Italian Speckeld. If they can produce more of that pattern that would be really good. I am using the pictures from James Marie Farms as a comparison.
http://www.jamesmariefarms.com/cqv-specialityClass-overview.html

@sallysunshine
I had a weird thing happen. All the chicks feathers are crusted together? I do not have cute fluffy chicks. Should I use a warm paper towel? Why would this happen? They have been in the brooder for a while. Even the one that hatched yesterday is still this way.
Take a paper towel and gently rub them. Sometimes it will just slough right off.

I have 2 pips. One has been pipped since sometime last night; hope it hatches soon. That brings my total so far to 3 hatched and 2 with pips, waiting on 4 more others.

9 chicks hatched. 2 more pips. It's been a good day. Hopefully some more will hatch tomorrow. 6 silkies and 3 BY mix.
Has anyone had yellow silkie chicks with black spots on head and back hatch? What color do they turn out to be?

Back
Top Bottom