The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Finally this morning the last two are out! What a sticky chick hatch this was. My nerves couldn't take another long drawn out minute. Considering we made it through the power outage and running the incubator to the first house we found with power. Low humidity and fluctuating humidity with my ancient hovabator bator that makes it impossible to add water. We had pretty good hatch ratio after all that! Whew...final count @mlm Mike
9 out of 12 Ayams
3 out of 3 Lavender Orps

Total is 12/15

Ta Da!!!!!
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Finally this morning the last two are out! What a sticky chick hatch this was. My nerves couldn't take another long drawn out minute. Considering we made it through the power outage and running the incubator to the first house we found with power. Low humidity and fluctuating humidity with my ancient hovabator bator that makes it impossible to add water. We had pretty good hatch ratio after all that! Whew...final count @mlm Mike
9 out of 12 Ayams
3 out of 3 Lavender Orps

Total is 12/15

Ta Da!!!!!
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Quote: Yes, I saw it this morning.

My worst hatch ever. 0goslings and 0 chicks due to a temp spike of 120 =...{ time to replace the automatic high temp shut off gadget..
I'm sorry.

When are our final counts due? I have 48 so far. A few more pipped.

Quote: Post your numbers when your hatch is done. We'd like to have the hatch total in by the end of the week.

@mlm Mike 25/30 chicks and 2/8 ducks - 27 Total hatched for the HAL
Congratulations Chaos18!

Contest Closes Tomorrow!

Deadline for entry is March 29th,2016 at midnight PST
Contest #9

7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Interesting Places ,Funny Antics and Poses of Other Fowl

NO CHICKENS ALLOWED

We want to see your Turkeys,Peafowl, Waterfowl,Pheasants,Quail,Emus and Ostriches. Any domestic fowl other than chickens!

How long do you leave them in the incubator after they hatch? I had one hatch (finally) around 2 this morning but he's still pretty damp (looking) should I leave him a while longer? So far I only have one hatch, but I have a second pip

I've had chicks popping out everywhere. Yesterday there was no movement in the bator except on pip that had pipped the morning before. Yesterday night, I noticed some blood around the pip. This had happened once before, and I'd researched what to do when they pip through a vein. I peeled back just enough shell to get cornstarch on the vein, and put her back in. The bleeding had stopped this morning, but she still hadn't made any progress. I got her out the rest of the way. Turns out, her umbilical cord had snapped too early on and she had been bleeding for awhile, with a good bit in the bottom of the egg. Still alive and peeping her head off, I got the bleeding stopped and held her keeping her warm until I was sure it wasn't going to start back. She is back in the incubator sleeping now. She seems okay, and I hope she's doing better when she wakes up. Anything else I can do? I've helped countless chicks and have never had anything like this happen. Any help is appreciated!

How long do you leave them in the incubator after they hatch? I had one hatch (finally) around 2 this morning but he's still pretty damp (looking) should I leave him a while longer? So far I only have one hatch, but I have a second pip
You can leave them in for a couple of days, but I always take them out once they dry out. Since he's the only one, I would wait until he's got a little friend to move out with him and he'll be happier
:-D

Back
Top Bottom