The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

They will hide for up to a few hours. Specially if they were very close to the hawk or had a close call with it. When your sure the hawk is gone. Try calling with treats.

I went out with bread whic is how we found the others and usually jist me being out there is enough to send them running over so am worried. I went all through every bush in the yard and even through the woods near the yard. No sign.

Great, I hope you find that one soon.

Thank you, I hope so!!

And an update:

Still no sign of May. Went through every bush in the yard (also oke laid an egg under one lol), even through the woods. But... I traipsed through the woods and saw mid flight tracks and one single orange feather then found this at the edge of the woods far from where she was hiding. I bet that is the terrified one that was hiding next to a fallen pine branch by the run, absolutely traumatized. Thank God she is alive. Gotta check for injuries though.

I am going to go do something else and hope she comes home.

But this means something DID try to take them. My BO would no move, just sat crouched down in fear staring at me and she let me grab her.

I hope we find May and a predator didn't silently snag her. :(

I hope May turns up. I had given up hope last year with an identical situation. After hours of searching I admitted defeat. Wouldn't you know at bed check she was in the coop with the others.

I hope you have the same luck

I hope May turns up. I had given up hope last year with an identical situation. After hours of searching I admitted defeat. Wouldn't you know at bed check she was in the coop with the others.

I hope you have the same luck

Thank you so much!! My dad and I went and practiced driving and are now at Lowe's and my mom just called and said she came home!!! Came running out of the woods between the puff of feathers and our dog house, kind of far. My mom managed to get her inside and no one else escaped. Thank God lol

Back
Top Bottom