The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Thank you so much!! My dad and I went and practiced driving and are now at Lowe's and my mom just called and said she came home!!! Came running out of the woods between the puff of feathers and our dog house, kind of far. My mom managed to get her inside and no one else escaped. Thank God lol

woot.gif

I hope May turns up. I had given up hope last year with an identical situation. After hours of searching I admitted defeat. Wouldn't you know at bed check she was in the coop with the others.

I hope you have the same luck

Thank you so much!! My dad and I went and practiced driving and are now at Lowe's and my mom just called and said she came home!!! Came running out of the woods between the puff of feathers and our dog house, kind of far. My mom managed to get her inside and no one else escaped. Thank God lol

You're very very welcome! I'm so glad to hear she came home to you. Give her some extra love tonight when you go out and look her over. Do you have a roo? There have been a few times when I've been very grateful to my roos for giving the girls warning.

You're very very welcome! I'm so glad to hear she came home to you. Give her some extra love tonight when you go out and look her over. Do you have a roo? There have been a few times when I've been very grateful to my roos for giving the girls warning.

Thanks again! As soon as I got home I got a flashlight and looked at them as best I could which they weren't happy about but all seemed fine. Only checked all the buff/orange birds (Buff Orps and one EE) and briefly May. Tomorrow I'll have to check every single one. But I didn't see any blood or even a bald spot. They were all in the bushes in the front yard except for one Buff Orp next a fallen pine branch/still in the woods, and May, who came running out of the woods. Of course now I can't tell which Orp was in the backyard which would be useful cause I guarantee she's the one that got attacked. But I suppose it's good I can't tell. The weird thing to me though is I walked through the woods starting from the backyard all the way to the front yard and I never saw May or heard her call back or anything yet she supposedly came running out of the woods between the dog house and the feather puff so where was she ya know??? She must have panicked and gone deep in the woods? I only walked the edge. Anyhow, sorry for babbling, we do not have a roo unfortunately :( neighbors too close in the back plus I don't wanna be woken up lol butthe Australorps are kinda mean/feisty sometimes but May the BR also actually kind of acts like one sometime . She or an Orp is usually the first to start following me and then the rest follow. And sometimes she leads them around and she's bold.

Great News! 

I thought so too!! I know we lucked out.

So, to everyone now, I decided I am no longer letting them out unless I watch them. I used to but lately often just go inside and forget them. No more. Although I do constantly check from the windows and constantly count them and lately they have been staying in the yard and not wandering off. Last I checked they were next to the dog house foraging under some young pine trees. Usually they were either there, in the backyard, or on the edge or the woods under a bush. We have had them since October and although we never really let them out before we did occasionally and have never had an issue. I guess I just took their safety for granted. Never again. It's amazing too how fast it happens.

Thanks again! As soon as I got home I got a flashlight and looked at them as best I could which they weren't happy about but all seemed fine. Only checked all the buff/orange birds (Buff Orps and one EE) and briefly May. Tomorrow I'll have to check every single one. But I didn't see any blood or even a bald spot. They were all in the bushes in the front yard except for one Buff Orp next a fallen pine branch/still in the woods, and May, who came running out of the woods. Of course now I can't tell which Orp was in the backyard which would be useful cause I guarantee she's the one that got attacked. But I suppose it's good I can't tell. The weird thing to me though is I walked through the woods starting from the backyard all the way to the front yard and I never saw May or heard her call back or anything yet she supposedly came running out of the woods between the dog house and the feather puff so where was she ya know??? She must have panicked and gone deep in the woods? I only walked the edge. Anyhow, sorry for babbling, we do not have a roo unfortunately
sad.png
neighbors too close in the back plus I don't wanna be woken up lol butthe Australorps are kinda mean/feisty sometimes but May the BR also actually kind of acts like one sometime . She or an Orp is usually the first to start following me and then the rest follow. And sometimes she leads them around and she's bold.
I thought so too!! I know we lucked out.

So, to everyone now, I decided I am no longer letting them out unless I watch them. I used to but lately often just go inside and forget them. No more. Although I do constantly check from the windows and constantly count them and lately they have been staying in the yard and not wandering off. Last I checked they were next to the dog house foraging under some young pine trees. Usually they were either there, in the backyard, or on the edge or the woods under a bush. We have had them since October and although we never really let them out before we did occasionally and have never had an issue. I guess I just took their safety for granted. Never again. It's amazing too how fast it happens.

I can relate! I just found out that our neighbors have a new pit bull after it tried very hard to attack my white silkie roosters, and ripped their coop right up!!!! I am very upset. He also tried to attack my neighbor when he tried to chase it out of our yard! I want it gone! It will be my kids or me next!

I can relate! I just found out that our neighbors have a new pit bull after it tried very hard to attack my white silkie roosters, and ripped their coop right up!!!! I am very upset. He also tried to attack my neighbor when he tried to chase it out of our yard! I want it gone! It will be my kids or me next!

Wow that's awful!! I don't think aggressive dogs of any breed should be tolerated but especially one with such a bad rap already. Unfortunately people think it's cool to be aggressive and mean/scary and look tough :( and, clearly, let them loose in your case. Plus they just breed any dog together and a lot of them are mutts or could possibly have bad parents just cause they're cool or the puppies make money or whatever. I think that if you're going to have a pit bull or bully breed, or just any dog, you should be responsible with it and not let it roam. Especially since clearly that one is aggressive. They aren't supposed to be but I guess it happens with mutts being bred or people only breeding for looks and a "tough" dog. I'm sorry you had problems with it :( have you tried reporting them? If not for the attack then at least for letting it roam. Maybe that would get them to contain it. :/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom