The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Hope your felling better from the flu, it sure is nasty
hugs.gif

Stop tempting me Ron!
I did a quick candle last night and saw a lot of developing eggs!

I will do the serious candle tomorrow. With that one I sort by developing, questionable and duds. I will recheck on day 10 and toss the bad ones then.

I can see into these eggs very well! Pita Pinta and Delaware eggs are not too dark to see into like the Marans and Penedesenca eggs.

I did a quick candle last night and saw a lot of developing eggs!

I will do the serious candle tomorrow. With that one I sort by developing, questionable and duds. I will recheck on day 10 and toss the bad ones then.

I can see into these eggs very well! Pita Pinta and Delaware eggs are not too dark to see into like the Marans and Penedesenca eggs.

I thought about it earlier but stopped myself :lol:
We have changed to British summer time now with the clocks going forward an hour so it is not getting dark as early and I like to candle in total darkness for the full affect. Plus the incubator was on a full turn all the way back so getting the lid off would have been a caffuffle so I behaved and will wait until tomorrow.

Because you can see in these eggs better I'm sure you feel more tempted to look ;)
I know I am with the polish because they are so easy to candle!

I'm going to candle on day 10, and I forgot to tell y'all I have set 2 double yolkers, I accidentally cracked one egg and have it taped, that has worked for me before, so do I count that as one egg or two
gig.gif

when do we post how many we think will hatch?

I'm going to candle on day 10, and I forgot to tell y'all I have set 2 double yolkers, I accidentally cracked one egg and have it taped, that has worked for me before, so do I count that as one egg or two
gig.gif

when do we post how many we think will hatch?
I don't know how many to count them as. Are you comfortable in assisting those double yolkers to hatch? I have never heard of double yolkers hatching live chicks without assistance. I wish you the absolute best with them!!!

So if you mix a cinnamon legbar and a barnevelder, you get sex linked?

If the male is the Cin. Legbar, then yes (cause of his chocolate gene).

Cinnamon Legbars are still only a project so I really don't know all the genes they carry, my roo seems to be solid (pattern) but he carries the "duckwing" pattern. 3 more of his babies just hatched (mom is Cream Legbar) and they appear to be solid
he.gif
. Was really hoping for some with the right pattern.

Back
Top Bottom