The African and Chinese goose thread!!

That's a real good question? I'm not sure. The reason I special ordered Hansel/Gretel is bcuz I specifically wanted africans & felt that was the only sure way. I don't trust atwoods and tractor supply to know their breeds. I would LOVE to have a "super African" or "dewlap African" but I haven't found a place online that will let me order just two.....
about your geese.....if you indeed have only 1 female you may be in for some real trouble come next mating season. I'd be looking to trade some of those boys for girls! One female to all those males is a frightening thought!
I'd LOVE to see some pics of your Belgian! You lucky dog! No pun intended! I'm REALLY jealous!

Starfire669 that last post was for you.....newbie on here...

LB & UTAH
I want to say thanks again for your support & willingness to share your knowledge. You guys held my hand through all this and I'm so so very grateful! You guys are angels! And a HUGE source of information and support to BYC! Sending much respect and adoration your way

My husband came home with a surprise for me! A pair of day old female Africans! WhooHoo! So excited.

Fowlmoma, I'm guessing I have 1 female, 4 males based on size and behavior but I could be totally wrong. However I am planning to trade the tufted roman for a Chinese gosling and the man I'm trading with is going to attempt vent sexing. (says he don't get good results cause he has bad eyesight, but I can try and verify) I think the trade is my best bet, i will have better odds of a female anyway, and the tufted gets a good home.

Fowlmoma this is my Belgian/chow-chow mix. He has black spots on his tongue so Im guessing.
The mailman just drove by so he was on alert. Lol.

These are my new babies! They were shaken from their ride in my hubbies giant truck and just a tiny bit chilled. So I put them in with some 5 day old chicks I'm brooding for my sister. I'm setting up a place for them while they warm and relax.

These are my big babies this morning. Its a bit windy so I put a bucket of oat grass in for them.

LB & UTAH
I want to say thanks again for your support & willingness to share your knowledge. You guys held my hand through all this and I'm so so very grateful! You guys are angels! And a HUGE source of information and support to BYC! Sending much respect and adoration your way
No problem, you´re very welcome. Enjoy your feathered family.
big_smile.png

LB & UTAH

You're welcome! Glad to help. Enjoy your babies and be sure to share them with their parents!

My husband came home with a surprise for me! A pair of day old female Africans! WhooHoo! So excited.

Fowlmoma, I'm guessing I have 1 female, 4 males based on size and behavior but I could be totally wrong. However I am planning to trade the tufted roman for a Chinese gosling and the man I'm trading with is going to attempt vent sexing. (says he don't get good results cause he has bad eyesight, but I can try and verify) I think the trade is my best bet, i will have better odds of a female anyway, and the tufted gets a good home.

Congrats!

Starfire 669
What an awesome hubby! Your Belgian mix is BEAUTIFUL! or I guess I should say HANDSOME! Your big babies are darling! Oh how I LOVE my geese!
I have Hansel my year old African gander, two female saddle back pom's, a 5 day old gosling & a 1 day old gosling. The 2 babies are from Hansel & one of my saddle backs. I cannot imagine what they're going to look like! I'm just SO SO SO over the moon to have Hansel babies! He & I have a very special bond....I told my hubby that he's lucky hansel is a goose! & like I said b4 Hansel is waiting for my feathers to come in!
My momma goose is still sitting on two eggs....I think there dud's.....I can't hear a thing when I listen. ...BUT the two surviving goslings were born 4 days apart so who knows? I'm REALLY hopingthey hatch so she & hansel can be proud parents! I'm not sure I can let these two babies go back outside....way too many bad things can happen out there....
where do you live starfire?

Back
Top Bottom