The African and Chinese goose thread!!

IF anyone is interested, I have a pair of White African Dewlaps, the very last two, for sale. They are laying, but there is still time to get them and have them lay and hatch for you! Parents were successful show birds (but I have already made an arrangement for their sale) PM me if interested
They are beautiful!

Last edited:
IF anyone is interested, I have a pair of White African Dewlaps, the very last two, for sale. They are laying, but there is still time to get them and have them lay and hatch for you! Parents were successful show birds (but I have already made an arrangement for their sale)

PM me if interested

What????

My goose has gone broody. She is sitting on 5 duck eggs and one of her own. Hers will be infertile because I only have the one goose. Will these babies keep her occupied and happy until I find a gander for her?

My goose has gone broody. She is sitting on 5 duck eggs and one of her own. Hers will be infertile because I only have the one goose. Will these babies keep her occupied and happy until I find a gander for her?
She will be more than happy with ducklings! I know a gal who has a single goose and lets her hatch a brood of ducklings every spring and it is a very happy goose!

IF anyone is interested, I have a pair of White African Dewlaps, the very last two, for sale. They are laying, but there is still time to get them and have them lay and hatch for you! Parents were successful show birds (but I have already made an arrangement for their sale)

PM me if interested

Marty are you getting out of geese? It seems like I have seen a couple adds for Dewlaps and now these. Wish I was closer as they are very beautiful.

I can only imagine something bad has happened with Marty. She got that white trio from me two years ago and I can't see her parting with them without good reason. Hope she surfaces again.

I'm getting 6 white Chinese goose eggs in morning and I plan on incubating them I've done some reading on incubating goose eggs any additional tips from people out there who know the breed I get the misting with water cool down time I think I even read somewhere to submerge the egg in water for a min later on in incubation? Any tips would be great and I know the main difference is flip the egg over on end vers turning like a normal duck or chicken egg please help

I'm getting 6 white Chinese goose eggs in morning and I plan on incubating them I've done some reading on incubating goose eggs any additional tips from people out there who know the breed I get the misting with water cool down time I think I even read somewhere to submerge the egg in water for a min later on in incubation? Any tips would be great and I know the main difference is flip the egg over on end vers turning like a normal duck or chicken egg please help

Here is an excellent thread. I follow this method, and have very good hatch rates:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed
It doesn't get any better than that!

Back
Top Bottom