The African and Chinese goose thread!!

I have 15 geese. I watch this video
and check my geese. Probably I have this herd 4 males minimum. Is it a good ratio - 4x11?
Your geese are quite beautiful, and your ratio of boys should be fine if correct. I have had best luck with 1 goose to 1 gander,but some ganders will breed more than 1 goose. Please share how your flock breeds this spring! I would love to hear the results.

These geese are chinese or african or mix? Incubate them in my homemade incubator in August and are only 4.5 months so the eggs a little wait.

I have 15 geese. I watch this video
and check my geese. Probably I have this herd 4 males minimum. Is it a good ratio - 4x11?
Lovely flock! It looks like a mixture of African and Chinese so most likely they're all crossed between the two breeds as mentioned above. No matter how many ganders you have one will always be dominant regardless so you will still get fights even if you have 2 ganders and 13 geese ;)

Last edited:
I want to have fertile eggs so I have a few males. I think one male would not be sufficient. Maybe not be often fight :).

Last edited:
I wanted 5 females but all are beautiful and I left all
smile.png
I can understand that they sure are beautiful. If you have the room that's great too. It will be awesome in the spring when the gosling start coming and you get to watch the whole flock care for them.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom