The African and Chinese goose thread!!

Pics

Eggbert has a sibling. Mom is still sitting on her nest so there might be another. Dad took his babies out for a tour of the shed today while mom stayed on the nest.

These are my 2 Chinese geese.. They are 13 weeks old.. How old until they get the knob on there head? Can anyone make a guess on there sex? There necks are a bit longer when they are not at rest, but they are not as long and swan ish as ive seen.. Could that be because they are young?

Thanks.

My white chinese born in April have knobs already. Females develop knobs later than the males and have shorter necks. The girls also have deeper voices than the maleswhich have a high pitched honk.

These are my 2 Chinese geese.. They are 13 weeks old.. How old until they get the knob on there head? Can anyone make a guess on there sex? There necks are a bit longer when they are not at rest, but they are not as long and swan ish as ive seen.. Could that be because they are young?

Thanks.

Your geese are beautiful

Hi Everyone. I believe that I have 4 African geese. I am trying g to figure out gender. Honestly I have a feel I that there are 3 ganders and 1 hen... but the one that I think is a hen is the loudest and has always been th
[/IMG][/IMG]e boss, she got named Buster because she is always busting everybodys bums..

Hi Everyone. I believe that I have 4 African geese. I am trying g to figure out gender. Honestly I have a feel I that there are 3 ganders and 1 hen... but the one that I think is a hen is the loudest and has always been th
[/URL]e boss, she got named Buster because she is always busting everybodys bums..
If Buster is the loudest then you may have 1 gander to the females. the ganders are the loudest. High pitched, walk around very erect with head held high.

Back
Top Bottom