The African and Chinese goose thread!!

Watching her was rather funny. She was on a mission and rather perturbed that she was in that barn with those uncivilised chickens, turkeys, and goats.

My goose absolutely refuses to lay an egg unless she has a safe nest area, then even if she isnt broody she covers her egg before leaving it. They are always warm when I get them even if she has been off for an hour or two.

On a side note, do anyone elses geese lay like clockwork? With mine she lays every other day, I dont even bother checking the day after she layed one because in the last two years it has always been every other day. She wont skip a day either

Quote:
I let out the geese this morning to find 3 of Percy's girls had made nests and were laying eggs. They usually lay one every other day. I didn't want to get too close, and it was difficult to even get this close with Percy behind me freaking out. It's kinda hard to recognize the girls from this far, but I see the far back one is Ellie. The last time we checked, it was only one nest and it had 13 eggs in it. I suspect all of Percy's girls were laying in the same nest, until yesterday. Then they decided they needed separate ones.

And this is Percy. He knows he's awesome, and he's showing all the traits of a Daddy Gander: Neurotic, pacing all over, honking incessantly, constantly herding his girls here and there. Spring brings out the insanity in Ganders, I think. The girls are calm, and cool about it. They get shagged, lay eggs and go about their business of grazing until they decide to go broody. It's the guys who go all bonkers.

Love that chinese gander! And his feet arent orange like most chinese,this is rare(well not common for pure chinese) so its nice to see your chinese with nice brickredish coloured feet! He looks so proud!

that is so true I go take a picture and both ganders come running up like no she's ours

Back
Top Bottom