The African and Chinese goose thread!!

Stunning I like the beak formation it's different.
I bet she can fly very well ;)
What's your plans for her? She's obviously going to be sterile so is she just a fun pet :D

Yes, I set every egg I get once the hard freeze passes! I have 4 gander and 11 goose. Keeping American Buff, Chinese and Embden.
Awesome to be in a good mood, I love to be around cheerful folks! I will be starting sprouts myself this week since the freeze is coming also. Geese love lots of greens.

Looking forward to see all those little goslings hatching ;)

Stunning I like the beak formation it's different.
I bet she can fly very well
wink.png

What's your plans for her? She's obviously going to be sterile so is she just a fun pet
big_smile.png
Yeah he can fly really good haha.
Actually, hybrids with snowgoose and greylag/swangoose are often (maybe always??) fertile and can produce offsprings. I have no plans for him but it would be fun to get more hybrids like him and have a little group ;)

Yeah he can fly really good haha.

Actually, hybrids with snowgoose and greylag/swangoose are often (maybe always??) fertile and can produce offsprings. I have no plans for him but it would be fun to get more hybrids like him and have a little group ;)

Are snow goose crosses fertile? I know greylag and Swan type crosses are fertile as I got goslings from both greylag crosses and Chinese/African adults and their kids also produce offspring but I never knew snow geese were fertile.
I know that Canadian geese crosses are infertile.
Mixed breeds can be more beautiful and nice to look at then pure breeds ;)

Last edited:
Are snow goose crosses fertile? I know greylag and Swan type crosses are fertile as I got goslings from both greylag crosses and Chinese/African adults and their kids also produce offspring but I never knew snow geese were fertile.
I know that Canadian geese crosses are infertile.
Mixed breeds can be more beautiful and nice to look at then pure breeds
wink.png
Thats atleast what ive been told from several people. We don't want snow geese to be wild in sweden, because they tend to mate with greylag and produce fertile gooslings.

Quote: We have a severe over population of Canadian geese here in Indiana. I LOVE to see them but many hate them for the waste left and grasses damaged in the subdivisions. Understand the problem.. but folks the birds were there first. I did Animal control several years and the wild geese were a touchy subject since protected. Lots of angry folks because I could not remove them.

We have a severe over population of Canadian geese here in Indiana. I LOVE to see them but many hate them for the waste left and grasses damaged in the subdivisions. Understand the problem.. but folks the birds were there first. I did Animal control several years and the wild geese were a touchy subject since protected. Lots of angry folks because I could not remove them.
I cannot agree more @jchny2000 I love the Canada geese too but gosh do people all over seem to hate them. And your so right they were here first. Not much more gorgeous than to watch a flock of them fly over morning and evening here.

Back
Top Bottom