The African and Chinese goose thread!!

Barb and bob rocks????? I hope you get some ducklings! What is the cackle surprise box?

Since these are roos they cant have a girls name aka barb. So there bob. And a suprise box is just that....I dont know whats in it. But theres usually 40-50 birds could be chickens,guineas,ducks,geese,bantams etc. i requested other fowl besides chickens though.

I dont see this listed on their site is it special?

Are Africans or White Chinese the best broodies?

I had african several years ago, and they were great broodies. No gander at that time, so I cant report on hatch rates. I have white and brown Chinese, Embden and American Buff. My Chinese are the best mothers of the 3 breeds, but are also more mature.
Honestly, I think breed has some to do with it, and the line of birds you get also (the breeder or hatchery) Some hatchery will breed towards egg production, and a breeder wants to stay more with heritage SOP. Its all in the goal the person has in mind.

I love these posts! We have had 3 African geese and unfortunately a predator got our 2 ganders.
sad.png
Does anyone know of any local breeders in the Spokane, Wa area? We have been looking at North 40 & they were strong and healthy last year but learned they get their birds from Privett. I looked them up online and they haven't gotten very good reviews. Maybe a local breeder?

I'm sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section. I am brand new to BYC and just learning the ropes. I absolutely love this site and have learned so much from all the commentaries about chickiens, turkey's, ducks and geese. (We have a zoo!)

Thank you for your help! And any tips would be appreciated
thumbsup.gif

Rachel

I love these posts! We have had 3 African geese and unfortunately a predator got our 2 ganders.
sad.png
Does anyone know of any local breeders in the Spokane, Wa area? We have been looking at North 40 & they were strong and healthy last year but learned they get their birds from Privett. I looked them up online and they haven't gotten very good reviews. Maybe a local breeder?

I'm sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section. I am brand new to BYC and just learning the ropes. I absolutely love this site and have learned so much from all the commentaries about chickiens, turkey's, ducks and geese. (We have a zoo!)

Thank you for your help! And any tips would be appreciated
thumbsup.gif

Rachel

Welcome to BYC! Sorry I cant help. I am over in Indiana.

How common is it for a white chinese goose to go broody? Or do they never go broody? My goose laid an egg left the nest and now is back on her nest so I gave her the other 4 eggs I was collecting back and she moved them under her was wondering if they can go broody or no.

Back
Top Bottom