The African and Chinese goose thread!!

Here is a better pic for those who doubt it is a Pitbull.

Update on "Peanuts Murder" they finally servered the owner of the Pitbull on March 10, 2016. He was ducking them so Sheriff's got involved. We also have gotten several pics of the dog off property.This one is him squeezing out of our LOCKED gate!

Are they going to put him down? Next time he comes in the yard you need to shoot him!

What are some things to look at when you bring goslings home?

What do you mean? Products? Equipment? Living space?

If you mean products- I suggest the feeders you can find at Tractor Supply, for water I would use a small-medium sized bucket that they can dunk their whole heads in to clean their nares and eyes.

A large kiddy pool is great for bathing. Geese don't like water as much as ducks do, but it makes them sooooo happy! And if they don't have water to bathe in they can get mites, especially the larger breeds.

Since you're buying goslings you'll need a brooder. My favorite way is a large kiddy pool with a thick layer of bedding on the bottom, and a puppy play pen wrapped around it for extra height. If you buy a heat lamp from tractor supply it has a clip on part you can clip to the side of the pen.

Here is what I did last year until they were old enough to move outside with the adults.

What do you mean? Products? Equipment? Living space?

If you mean products- I suggest the feeders you can find at Tractor Supply, for water I would use a small-medium sized bucket that they can dunk their whole heads in to clean their nares and eyes.

A large kiddy pool is great for bathing. Geese don't like water as much as ducks do, but it makes them sooooo happy! And if they don't have water to bathe in they can get mites, especially the larger breeds.

Since you're buying goslings you'll need a brooder. My favorite way is a large kiddy pool with a thick layer of bedding on the bottom, and a puppy play pen wrapped around it for extra height. If you buy a heat lamp from tractor supply it has a clip on part you can clip to the side of the pen.

Here is what I did last year until they were old enough to move outside with the adults.
Thats Awesome, but I was more meaning deformities, health problems, and problems. What are signs you look for when you pick them up from the hatchery?

Back
Top Bottom