The African and Chinese goose thread!!

Two days now but she was in the nest box like a week
Either she isn't full broody yet or something else happened to make her leave and not come back. Before my goose goes broody she'll sit off an on on her nest with eggs in it. Mainly in the morning then she'll stay out till time for bed and go and sit on them again when she goes in for the night.

I have the first egg of my geese
celebrate.gif

I just hatched 3 African x White Chinese goose eggs. I had read that a Brown Chinese x White Chinese cross would result in white girls & brown splash boys and thought since Africans are descended from Chinese that it would be the same situation. However, my babies just look like little Africans. Did I make a wrong assumption? Will their color change later?

BTW, sincere & eternal gratitude to pete55, jenlynn4, and especially Sally Sunshine for their excellent tutorials on incubation and assisted hatching. I had to assist the last bird out of its shell and I'm positive it would have died without benefit of the knowledge I gained from them. Thank you.

Last edited:
I just hatched 3 African x White Chinese goose eggs. I had read that a Brown Chinese x White Chinese cross would result in white girls & brown splash boys and thought since Africans are descended from Chinese that it would be the same situation. However, my babies just look like little Africans. Did I make a wrong assumption? Will their color change later?

BTW, sincere & eternal gratitude to pete55, jenlynn4, and especially Sally Sunshine for their excellent tutorials on incubation and assisted hatching. I had to assist the last bird out of its shell and I'm positive it would have died without benefit of the knowledge I gained from them. Thank you.
Congrats!!! and don't for get the pics.

@quackenboss welcome to BYC

Back
Top Bottom