The Ameraucana Thread: Where everything and anything about the breed can be discussed (APA, Non-Stan

well, I put my four week old ameraucana out for the night with the other 4 weekers, it will be around 55 degrees tonight, and they have 250 Wat bulb in there, there are six of them, will they be OK?

I would say they should be for sure my 7 week olds went out last night (8 of them) without any heat and it was 25 degrees. They had spent the last 3 weeks in our garage @ 55 degrees w/o heat! I was nervous I would go out and find chickcicles this morning but they huddled together!

I would say they should be for sure my 7 week olds went out last night (8 of them) without any heat and it was 25 degrees. They had spent the last 3 weeks in our garage @ 55 degrees w/o heat! I was nervous I would go out and find chickcicles this morning but they huddled together!

Ok, thank you =) they are all under the lamp together, and they have the older birds to keep them company (I have wire separating them) So I'm hoping they will be ok =)

Outrun Acres, how is the hatch going?
Thanks for asking! It's going really well so far! Two splash, two blacks and one blue have hatched and four more eggs have pipped. I am hoping to wake up to see a few more chicks in the morning. It's really fun watching the "unknown" eggs hatch. A few of them are from a blue x splash pen and some from a blue x blue pen. My husband and I have been peering into the incubator trying to guess what color the chicks hatching are. We are having lots of fun this time around.
smile.png

Thanks for asking! It's going really well so far! Two splash, two blacks and one blue have hatched and four more eggs have pipped. I am hoping to wake up to see a few more chicks in the morning. It's really fun watching the "unknown" eggs hatch. A few of them are from a blue x splash pen and some from a blue x blue pen. My husband and I have been peering into the incubator trying to guess what color the chicks hatching are. We are having lots of fun this time around.
smile.png

That's great to hear!!! I hope the rest of the eggs hatch. Are these going to be used for your breeding flock? I would love to see pics!

That's great to hear!!! I hope the rest of the eggs hatch. Are these going to be used for your breeding flock? I would love to see pics!
So far, 9 have hatched! Six black, 2 splash, and one blue. I thought I had 12 good eggs going into lockdown. This morning was the beginning of day 22 so we will wait and see what happens with the other three. I am very pleased with my hatch rate this time around. I increased the temperature a bit and decreased my humidity at lockdown by almost 10%. No more sticky chicks! Although I did have one pip at the wrong end of the egg, I helped it zip a little bit, and then it was able to hatch on it's own. I was very surprised it didn't drown.

So far, 9 have hatched! Six black, 2 splash, and one blue. I thought I had 12 good eggs going into lockdown. This morning was the beginning of day 22 so we will wait and see what happens with the other three. I am very pleased with my hatch rate this time around. I increased the temperature a bit and decreased my humidity at lockdown by almost 10%. No more sticky chicks! Although I did have one pip at the wrong end of the egg, I helped it zip a little bit, and then it was able to hatch on it's own. I was very surprised it didn't drown.

Awesome! What temp did you use?

Back
Top Bottom