The Ameraucana Thread: Where everything and anything about the breed can be discussed (APA, Non-Stan

Bummer. Ya, he is about 8 or 9 weeks old now. I wonder if he's too close to our neighbors. We have almost a full acre of property, but the neighbors house is about 50-75' from the coop.

Bummer. Ya, he is about 8 or 9 weeks old now. I wonder if he's too close to our neighbors. We have almost a full acre of property, but the neighbors house is about 50-75' from the coop.
Our bedroom window is approximately 100 feet from our coop and we can definitely hear our roosters crowing in the morning. When our windows are open in the summer it sounds really loud! I have found that some roosters have a quieter crow than others. Our Silkies seem to be the quietest, and our Polish seems to be the loudest.

What breed is yours? We have multiple roosters, but my fav is a BLCM, I don't know if he helps by warning them (as he crows every five minutes) but he defiantly protects his gals.
Our main two roosters are a Columbian Wyandotte and a Buff Laced Polish. We also have two Silkie Roosters. We have a lot of young roosters as well right now from my "practice hatches." Some of those will be going to freezer camp soon though.

I have a mixed flock of free ranging birds right now. I want all of my birds to be able to free range everyday including my new Ameraucanas. Since I won't be breeding them until next year, is it okay to let them run with the rest of the chickens and separate them later? They have leg bands on for identification. What do you guys do/think?

Back
Top Bottom