The Ameraucana Thread: Where everything and anything about the breed can be discussed (APA, Non-Stan

Well, it seems like once again I have nonestandard ameraucanas. I believe the father was a lavender, but I'm not sure who the mom is. I'll be doing a test hatch next year to see what there offspring is, and if they breed true, I'll think of something to do with them! I really love their coloring, and don't want them to go to waste. I won't call them EEs though, since their parents were pure.

My favorite part of the season.Broodies with chicks.5 and 1 still trying.6 for 6.Silver bantam.This was a test mating.Checking to see who was throwing off markings.None here.I found out it was 1 rooster and he went to a sale.

My favorite part of the season.Broodies with chicks.5 and 1 still trying.6 for 6.Silver bantam.This was a test mating.Checking to see who was throwing off markings.None here.I found out it was 1 rooster and he went to a sale.

I love broodies and their babies, and someday.. someday I will have the Silvers. Thank you for sharing them - too cute! Nice clean markings on them too.

Oh! Forgot to tell you, used proynl ONCE on my chickens, and all signs of mites are gone!!! It's been a week, and there's nothing! So happy, and thanks for the help!!

Glad I could help. Check 'em again after a couple weeks just to check and then again about another couple weeks. After that I'd check the occasional bird every now and then just to check. If your birds are like mine, some of them seem to be better tasting evidently than others because the mites seems to prefer certain birds over others. So I look at them once a month or so and then every now and then just check others when I can but, if you have the same results as I did, you shouldn't have mites again. At least not for a LONG time.

God Bless,

Glad I could help. Check 'em again after a couple weeks just to check and then again about another couple weeks. After that I'd check the occasional bird every now and then just to check. If your birds are like mine, some of them seem to be better tasting evidently than others because the mites seems to prefer certain birds over others. So I look at them once a month or so and then every now and then just check others when I can but, if you have the same results as I did, you shouldn't have mites again. At least not for a LONG time.

God Bless,

I did notice that the mites have a preference, since some of my coops had waaayyyy more mite then others! I will continue to check them, I usually did anyway, just in case, Just cleaned the coop yesterday, and didn't see one bug!

I have 6 Ameraucana chicks, 4 red brown and 2 black (with some gorgeous iridescent green) 10-11 weeks old. I am wondering why 3 have cheeks and a beard, 2 have just the cheeks and 1 doesn't have either cheeks or a beard. They all have pea combs and gray-green legs.

Rain rain rain thats all we get here.Everything is messy.4 1/2 inches this past week and 3-7 predicted over the next 3 days.We are set to break the record for the wettest spring on record set in 2009.Hmmm climate change or luck of the draw.IDK

Back
Top Bottom