The Ameraucana Thread: Where everything and anything about the breed can be discussed (APA, Non-Stan

Tried that, they have been in the same pen for over a month an were fine, moved them to their permanent pen, and she decides they are her enemy! Would waiting for the rooster to get bigger help? Right now he's 4 lbs, I could wait till he's 6+ lbs
Sounds like you have a mean hen! I don't know if waiting for the rooster to get bigger would help at all. My roosters don't do anything to protect hens from other hens. As long as they have enough space to get away from one another they should be fine.

Sounds like you have a mean hen! I don't know if waiting for the rooster to get bigger would help at all. My roosters don't do anything to protect hens from other hens. As long as they have enough space to get away from one another they should be fine.

Well, the rooster and his favorite hen are getting the worst of it, and yes, she's evil
somad.gif
If she wasn't such good quality, she would be gone! My son named her sweety, and the name is extremely unfitting of her character.

How old do ameraucanas usually become mature enough to mate? Never really payed attention to that, but now I have one that is trying ( or it looks like it ) to mate all the pullets! He is only 14 weeks, and thought that he was way too young.

How old do ameraucanas usually become mature enough to mate? Never really payed attention to that, but now I have one that is trying ( or it looks like it ) to mate all the pullets! He is only 14 weeks, and thought that he was way too young.
He is old enough and most likely fertile.Think teenager.

Back
Top Bottom