The Ameraucana Thread: Where everything and anything about the breed can be discussed (APA, Non-Stan

Ok, with my "real" camera...these are the eggs that I have gotten in the last two days (minus one that cracked). The one in the center there is from my EE, the large whitish ones are from the two ducks, and the brown ones are from my assorted production pullets. The one on the far right is still wet from wiping off, it's no shinier than the others. I don't know how "green" EE eggs are supposed to be (or how blue Ameraucana eggs would be in comparison) but maybe that helps?

For the person asking about egg colors they might see out of EEs, these below are from project Ameraucana birds - but it should give you an idea of some of the other shades of green or blue you might see out of EEs. The white egg is for reference, the three small pink eggs from unrelated bantams also included for reference.

For the person asking about egg colors they might see out of EEs, these below are from project Ameraucana birds - but it should give you an idea of some of the other shades of green or blue you might see out of EEs. The white egg is for reference, the three small pink eggs from unrelated bantams also included for reference.

Thank you. I think my expectations of shades of pink and lavender are unrealistic. I've been looking for Crayon colors. The 4 EE I'm waiting on to lay are products of me EE hens and Project AM roos. You have beautiful egg color. Hopefully I will get some in the different shades too.

Oh, I hope mine lays such pretty blue eggs! My EE lays the olive-ish ones, which is cool in and of itself but I always wanted blue eggs!

Back
Top Bottom