The Ameraucana Thread: Where everything and anything about the breed can be discussed (APA, Non-Stan

Which is what I thought, which is why I don't understand the statement from Outrun Acres I quoted?  Both green and blue eggs would be blue in the middle, so what does she mean about telling them apart?

Sorry for the confusion. If your eggs are truly blue. The color on the inside of the egg will match the outside. If it doesn't match the inside color you have a green egg. Does that make a but more sense?

My timing was not good this year. The weather has been terrible, with many days below zero F.   I have three separate very small hatches, now ages 5 weeks (in a section of a large unheated coop with heat lamp).  A group at 3 week olds in the basement under a Brinsea EcoGlow, and a few (from the photo) just hatched last week under a heat lamp. My wife gets impatient with chicks in the basement after a couple of weeks, because of the dust.  I need to assimilate them all together in the coop, but they're still predicting artic weather.  I'm done hatching for now and will ramp it up again in April.

I have been dying to scratch my hatching itch as well. But right now its 13 degrees outside so I will be holding off until march or April. Seems like a long ways away right now though. Last year I was on my second round of set eggs by this time. The Farmers Almanac was definitely right this year.

hello folks. I have a question; is there a blue/blue splash ameraucana chicken? I bought some hatching eggs here a couple years ago that were supposed to be lavender ams and I had what appeared to be a blue hen hatch out of one of them...she looked blue, not lavendar.

hello folks. I have a question; is there a blue/blue splash ameraucana chicken? I bought some hatching eggs here a couple years ago that were supposed to be lavender ams and I had what appeared to be a blue hen hatch out of one of them...she looked blue, not lavendar.

yes,

there is a black/blue/splash Ameraucana color.

Back
Top Bottom