The Ameraucana Thread: Where everything and anything about the breed can be discussed (APA, Non-Stan

Last fall i bought what were advertised as Americaunas but i know now they are ee's which is fine. This year i have purchased eggs to incubate. Once again advertised as Americaunas. Got them yesterday. My DH thinks they are green but my kids think blue. What do you think?

Edit: phone malfunction.

Some look a bit green, but some lines have cleaner egg color and some are a bit green due to working on project colors.

Last edited:
Last fall i bought what were advertised as Americaunas but i know now they are ee's which is fine. This year i have purchased eggs to incubate. Once again advertised as Americaunas. Got them yesterday. My DH thinks they are green but my kids think blue. What do you think?

How did they hatch?

They hatched well. I had 22 hatch and survive. Lost 1 at 4 months. Sent 9 to auction in Sept. I have 12 left. 6 roos and 6 hens. Hens are just starting to lay. 3 of the roos need to go to freezer camp. I have decided to pen the hens with my Cream Legbar roo for a batch of chicks that will lay blue or green eggs first thing in the spring. Then put them with 1 of the EE roos.

They hatched well. I had 22 hatch and survive. Lost 1 at 4 months. Sent 9 to auction in Sept. I have 12 left. 6 roos and 6 hens. Hens are just starting to lay. 3 of the roos need to go to freezer camp. I have decided to pen the hens with my Cream Legbar roo for a batch of chicks that will lay blue or green eggs first thing in the spring. Then put them with 1 of the EE roos.

Awesome awesome. I just ordered six + Splash Silkied Ameraucana eggs for spring, now I'm lurking in all the Ameraucana threads I can find.

These are definately EEs, not Americaunas. But very pretty birds. All very different in color.

The blue hen is laying this egg.

Pretty! I hatched 3 supposed Ameruacanas eggs off craigslist. They came out with yellow feathered leg so I know they are EE'S too. Only 3 weeks old so we'LL see what they lay. I'm pretty sure I got 2 boys and a girl.

This is the multi-colored roo from the batch.

I had 2 hens that had yellow legs. Sold 1 that looked like a RIR but kept the other. She is gray, white and peach colored. Too pretty to sell.

Back
Top Bottom