The Ameraucana Thread: Where everything and anything about the breed can be discussed (APA, Non-Stan

Dang! Such a shame on the eggs.

What happened with the Wheatens?

For hatching..... I find increasing the nutrition of the breeders, about a week before starting to gather eggs to incubate, helps. I like to use nutritional yeast as the boost for my breeders.
I gave the pair back to the person I got them from and my other male was killed by a dog.
My trouble has been the fact that my Temps in the incubator would fluctuate from 95 degrees to 129 degrees with eggs in there, but it stayed constant without eggs

Temps fluctuating like that woukd most certainly kill the eggs!!!

My last 'bator hatch my old eyes didn't focus right. I thought I had set it on 99.9, but I had set it on 99.2 and so out of three dozen, almost all of which started to develop.....only one hatched. :rolleyes:

Temps fluctuating like that woukd most certainly kill the eggs!!!

My last 'bator hatch my old eyes didn't focus right. I thought I had set it on 99.9, but I had set it on 99.2 and so out of three dozen, almost all of which started to develop.....only one hatched. :rolleyes:
my last batch were all fertile too, but both of my incubators are cheap crappy ones, I think I hatched more eggs with my homemade one lol. And that one was just a Styrofoam cooler insulated with foil and heated by a lightbulb
1f602.png

Last edited:
Yeah, it was cool, they literally hatched at the room temperature we keep the house at,I can't wait to actually hatch some chickens again though

I gave the pair back to the person I got them from and my other male was killed by a dog.
My trouble has been the fact that my Temps in the incubator would fluctuate from 95 degrees to 129 degrees with eggs in there, but it stayed constant without eggs

You need a broody hen, they always set the proper temperature!

You probably need a new wafer . That is if it uses a wafer . That is the only reason for it to have such a large flucuation in temp .

Back
Top Bottom