Pics

fluffycrow

Chasing broodies
Premium Feather Member
Jan 12, 2023
Attica Greece
This thread mainly serves as a place for all aseel and Oriental game fowl lovers and breeders to come together and talk about their upcoming breeding, or otherwise, projects, their hopes for the future, facts and pictures of their birds, breed information, a place for newer people in the breed(s) to ask questions, I think you get the point :)
Looking around the forum, I didn't find a thread, or many threads really about Oriental game breeds, and I believe our birds and our breeds desperately need more recognition, and this is just way of going about it

They are some of the smartest, in my opinion THE smartest (but I'm biased so...) chicken breeds out there, they are the best and fiercest mothers, and incredibly stunning!
What's not to love!!!!
So if anyone wants to post anything on here, their latest hatch, a longterm project, off the top of my head I can remember @MysteryChicken 's and @Florida Bullfrog 's breeding projects,but they're certainly more, just an appreciation post about your favourite birds is very welcome as well

I hope I was clear and coherent enough, that's all from me, enjoy the new aseel thread!!!

This thread mainly serves as a place for all aseel and Oriental game fowl lovers and breeders to come together and talk about their upcoming breeding, or otherwise, projects, their hopes for the future, facts and pictures of their birds, breed information, a place for newer people in the breed(s) to ask questions, I think you get the point :)
Looking around the forum, I didn't find a thread, or many threads really about Oriental game breeds, and I believe our birds and our breeds desperately need more recognition, and this is just way of going about it

They are some of the smartest, in my opinion THE smartest (but I'm biased so...) chicken breeds out there, they are the best and fiercest mothers, and incredibly stunning!
What's not to love!!!!
So if anyone wants to post anything on here, their latest hatch, a longterm project, off the top of my head I can remember @MysteryChicken 's and @Florida Bullfrog 's breeding projects,but they're certainly more, just an appreciation post about your favourite birds is very welcome as well

I hope I was clear and coherent enough, that's all from me, enjoy the new aseel thread!!!
Thanks for doing this, it's very nice of you.

My Primary Goal with my Malays is to Purebreed them, Recreate the PBA with them, & hopefully introduce some different colors into the breed.

Thinking about doing some experimental cross breeding with them, crossing to both my CrackerFowl Hens, & Red JungleFowl.

They're also gonna be used for creating some F1s for my Giant Silkie Project, to help increase their size.

Last edited:
Thanks for doing this, it's very nice of you.

My Primary Goal with my Malays is to Purebreed them, Recreate the PBA with them, & hopefully introduce some different colors into the breed.

Thinking about doing some experimental cross breeding with them, crossing to both my CrackerFowl Hens, & Red JungleFowl.

They're also gonna be used for creating some F1s for my Giant Silkie Project, to help increase their size.
No problem! Getting aseel (mostly, because that's my breed but really ALL Oriental game fowl) the recognition they deserve is something I'm very passionate about

I love you breeding projects, they're so interesting, can't wait for this years pairs and chicks!

I would love to start my breeding project this spring, but I've yet to find a good hen for my rooster, so I don't know if it'll be possible this year

If not, thankfully aseel stay healthy for a long time, and I will fulfil myself with my other chicken projects, if they got to plan that is, and all the other aseel breeding projects of BYC

I hope to raise some straight Harris Asils this spring, the old Reynolds Pakistan strain. Maybe raise a clutch of pure Brazilians too. I think i will give my Crushers and Pluckers a break until next year

Attachments

• 20220909_161140.jpg
    20220909_161140.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 20220603_180026.jpg
    20220603_180026.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 86
I hope to raise some straight Harris Asils this spring, the old Reynolds Pakistan strain. Maybe raise a clutch of pure Brazilians too. I think i will give my Crushers and Pluckers a break until next year
Absolutely gorgeous birds!!! Ugh perfection, if only I could find a hen like that

Definitely keep us updated on your breeding projects!

Last edited:
No problem! Getting aseel (mostly, because that's my breed but really ALL Oriental game fowl) the recognition they deserve is something I'm very passionate about

I love you breeding projects, they're so interesting, can't wait for this years pairs and chicks!

I would love to start my breeding project this spring, but I've yet to find a good hen for my rooster, so I don't know if it'll be possible this year

If not, thankfully aseel stay healthy for a long time, and I will fulfil myself with my other chicken projects, if they got to plan that is, and all the other aseel breeding projects of BYC
Thanks.

Hopefully you have luck with what you have to work with, & wish you luck on finding that hen.

I’m in love with Oriental gamefowl generally and aseels more especially because they have a tendency to carry what bankivoid traits I wish more orientals had such as full feathering, long tails, and better flight capability. My wife likes them too because of their personalities. They seem more genuinely interested in our doings besides looking for treats or scraps.

I have been offered a trio of high end aseel directly from a famous breeder who is friends with a family member, but I have declined up to this point because I don’t feel I can do them justice. If I wrap up my other projects in a couple of years, I made use coop space for a trio to both propagate them and begin a new cross project.

I do prefer crosses of different oriental breeds. I understand the need to keep the pure for preservation purposes but I think they’re generally more vigorous as chickens when crossed. I got into having aseels primarily as crossing agents to confer their game drive and physique on other breeds.

Some pictures of my birds. All but, one are Indian Malays.

Goliath(Main Breeder)
20221231_101123.jpg
20221231_101135.jpg
Goliath's Son, & Daughter: Long, & Big Fatty
20221128_111606.jpg
Big Fatty is an oddball, she's pure Malay, just not one you'd expect to see(Yes, she's bantam sized). Her brother is pictured above.
20221130_103520.jpg
Their Mother(I have another hen like her)
20221022_102001.jpg
Long's, & Big Fatty's hatchmate.
20221130_102835.jpg
Goliath's Hatchmate. The Splash Wheaten I'm currently trying to sell.
VideoCapture_20230105-130654.jpg
This Lady, my Red Wheaten I got from a breeder here in Michigan.
20211023_145934.jpg

Back
Top Bottom