The Biggest Little Rooster -- grandchickies on the way!!

OMG! I was gone all day and look what happened! WOOHOO!!!
wee.gif

I'm sure dos and cuatro are fine...just waiting for their big moment. Cuatro probably just wants you to sweat it, then you'll make an even bigger fuss when he comes out.
jumpy.gif
LOL!

Thanks so much for the pics! They are beautiful babies!
love.gif

Can't wait for the next update!!!
pop.gif

Shelly

Still nothing from Cuatro and Dos.
Whenever I candled the past 2 weeks, Uno hardly moved. I thought she'd be super mellow. Boy was I wrong! She's already proving to be a stinker. She keeps pecking at Tres every time he comes near her.
For quite some time after she hatched ( I think Uno is going to be a girl, and a sassy one at that-and if she is, Sassy will be her name), anyway, she tried to stand and walk, but kept doing some serious face plants. She is not very steady on her feet.
Tres is quite the active little one.And LOUD!! He's got this puny little head, and right out of the egg he stood tall and stretched his neck.( Which looks funny, cause he's got such a scrawny neck and tiny head.) His eyes are still bugged out. He was scooting arounf the bator, with his half egg dragging behind him. He made several trips around the bator before settling for a rest. While resting, Uno came stumbling over, and got herself clotheslined on his stringy thingy. LOL I laughed. But finally, Tres was seperated from his egg, but the whitish green thing that was stuck to his butt ended up stuck to the bottom of his foot. And he has pieces of shell stuck to him like confetti.
He keeps trying to get close to Uno, who promptly pecks his head and then falls over. She got him good one time, and the poor guy fell over on his back. He kicked and tried to get up, but couldn't. So he just laid like that, on his back, looking kinda silly.Just as I was getting worried, he flipped over.
I turned ot the light and left the room, hoping they are getting along better. I couldn't believe how much of a bully Uno was being.

The Movie of Tres Hatching.... ( and yes, I know he has a huge number 4 on his shell.. LOL I messed up. I swear, it's Tres)

ETA movie link

Last edited:
Told ya it was worth it!!!!
Awesome!!! My time's this week!!! hehehehehe
Okay, I'll try my hardest to keep them in the bator with the window..... not sure how that will go over, but we'll try!

I adore your choice of music to accompany the video...very sweet! Congratulations!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, so adorable! Makes me wanna go buy a bator......

Wonder how these guys go through a hatch underneath their mom??? Like with a big heavy chicken butt on their head?

Hello Everyone,
I know y'all have been waiting and waiting and waiting..
barnie.gif
and waiting for me to hatch!! Well, I was looking forward to it also. I was thinking about my daddy, and how Mamma D was saying she would have liked to see my daddy with babies. Mamma D was soooo excited when Uno hatched. Well, I thought some more, and I talked to Dos, and we decided to go live with our Daddy. Mamma D has Uno and Tres, and there are 4 more eggs maybe gonna hatch next week. And Auntie S has some too. But poor daddy didn't have any for his very own self. So, as much as I wanted to join y'all, Daddy needed us more. I hope I didn't disappoint ya. Oh, I'm a boy and Dos is a girl. We figured Dad needed one of each. He's even more excited than Mamma D. He's a great dad, and promised to tell us bedtime stories every night of all his great adventures. Oops, gotta go- he found something good to eat and is calling us.
So, brothers and sisters- please hatch well, and stay safe.
Love ya!
Cuatro and Dos

Back
Top Bottom