The Buckeye Thread

oh, and aoxa, how loud does your rooster get? Ours hasn't crowed yet and I would like to know beforehand how loud it gets because we may not be able to keep him.
hide.gif
Not that loud, and not that often. Nothing compared to my Rocks, at least not yet :p He's not an alpha, so he's quite mellow.

My female buckeye had an eye injury and is in seclusion. I thought she had her eye pecked out, but it looks like she caught it on something and tore the muscle around it. It's all black and blue and puffy with a scratch on the outer lid. Poor thing.

We named her Woneyeda.

Not that loud, and not that often. Nothing compared to my Rocks, at least not yet :p He's not an alpha, so he's quite mellow.

My female buckeye had an eye injury and is in seclusion. I thought she had her eye pecked out, but it looks like she caught it on something and tore the muscle around it. It's all black and blue and puffy with a scratch on the outer lid. Poor thing.

We named her Woneyeda.
LMBO! Great name! Sorry about her injury though, I hope she isn't blind in that eye now. My Welsummer rooster got his eye injured and IS blind in one now. Kind of stinks but he still gets around and eats well.

I have a silkie that is dyed green from Easter before I got her. Ha. We call her Ivy. :p

ETA: Picture for Apdeb ;) It's when I first got her. She's in a pen now so it's hard to take photos of her.

She looks more like a Limeade. I was thinking a Yellow one would have a name like Lemondrop. LOL!!

What a beautiful, proud fellow! I like his eyes and his stance! On a reply to an earlier message, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic when I said true breeders - just meant people who are breeding birds, not hatcheries. We are all dealing with crap in our lives and for me, my chickens provide my incentive to live since I am married to partially disabled Viet Nam vet who is battling PTSD and denial. My chickens are my only bright spot in my life right now and without them, I would give up on living. So, no hard feelings, ok?

Back
Top Bottom