The Chicks are in the mail! LOL

justusnak

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Feb 28, 2007
South Eastern Indiana
Ok, I finally did it.....I broke down and ordered some babies....I ordered 17 Buff orps...my son ordered Cornish X for his son, for 4 H He ordered 8 hens. Ohhh, I am WAY excited!! Hopefully these little buffs will help me keep up with the egg orders...Word of mouth travels fast here...Now I need an idea, for tradeing eggs for cartons...how many for each is a good trade? Any ideas!?

Deb, Good Luck with the new hobby. It will take your peeps 20 weeks before they start to lay. Pullet eggs at first are on the small size, however they are just as good to eat. I sell them a little cheaper, most people expect a large egg, unless you educate them first.
Most egg customers will save cartons for you. Start asking people now to start saving them for you. It will give you a good enough pile to start with.

bigzio

I ask my customers to save cartons for me. It worked real well at first but then folks would begin to forget. So, when I was nearly out of cartons, I mentioned to them that I would have to raise my price by 25 cents a dozen if I had to start buying cartons. That's all it took! I get lots of them now.
lol.png

Becky.....great idea....I have some people saveing them for me...but Im just not sure how many I will need in "reserve"yet. I guess I have till August or so....hope I can get a good reserve saved up. Thanks for the ideas! I hear Buff orps are great hens...im excited!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom