The cool chicken chat thread!

And it tastes weird! (In my opinion)
Hey has anyone raised a naked neck chicken?

I haven't raised one from a baby, but I have a mutt chicken with a naked neck. She has problems, like getting cold really easily and whenever a rooster breeds with her it makes her neck red. And she's picked on because she's small, and of course it messes up her neck.

How was everyone's Easter? Mine was good, it was nice out yesterday- almost 80 degrees so I was outside 90% of the day. My hen cupcake went broody, she doesn't stay in the nesting box like a usual broody hen but she does puff up and squeal at the other chickens. :lol:

Last edited:
8 days till hatching!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif
I have 2 hatching, I originally put 4 in but 2 weren't fertilized. The ones that made it are a French Black Copper Maran and a Naked Neck (It will do well in the scorching heat!) I found a rare bird farm about 3 hours from me that have relatively cheap eggs considering the rarity of the breeds! I am making a "play pen run" Which is just a frame with wire over it to keep from my pup getting the chicks! I am also doing another batch of chickens, still figuring out were to get the other breeds from!

How was everyone's Easter? Mine was good, it was nice out yesterday- almost 80 degrees so I was outside 90% of the day. My hen cupcake went broody, she doesn't stay in the nesting box like a usual broody hen but she does puff up and squeal at the other chickens.
lol.png

Mine was good too! Awe, silly Cupcake. XD

8 days till hatching!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif
I have 2 hatching, I originally put 4 in but 2 weren't fertilized. The ones that made it are a French Black Copper Maran and a Naked Neck (It will do well in the scorching heat!) I found a rare bird farm about 3 hours from me that have relatively cheap eggs considering the rarity of the breeds! I am making a "play pen run" Which is just a frame with wire over it to keep from my pup getting the chicks! I am also doing another batch of chickens, still figuring out were to get the other breeds from!

Ooh cool! Post pics when they hatch!

Back
Top Bottom