The coop got a big boost from some elves...

whatnow?

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
SE PA
The coop has been slow going between the weather, modifying the plan mid construction, and indecision. I was very excited to get a big boost from my very supportive family who primed and put the first coat of red paint on the coop.
yippiechickie.gif
What a difference paint makes for anything made out of reused lumber! Hopefully, the rain will stay away this weekend. The chicks are pretty big at 7 weeks (or is it 8... I'm losing track.)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=7490-Coop_Page

If it rains, I'm spending the day inside stealing Nifty's feeder plan...
big_smile.png
My take on the idea is to make it weather tight and put it on the outside of the coop, poking through the wall.

Last edited:
I love the use of the plexiglass in the gables. Very unique.

Paint looks great and makes a big diference. I love those babies sitting there watching.

It looks very nice, and you did a great job. Did you build it or did your DH help you with it?
woot.gif

big_smile.png
Well, uhhh.... I'm trying not to read too much into this, but I AM the DH!
(I'm off to double check my use of acronyms.)

Thanks for all of the supportive comments. There is still sooooo much to do... the roost, dropping pit, cleanout flap/door at floor level, ramp, run, feeder, pop hole door... back to work. It's not raining today and I think I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to a day off.
gig.gif

whatnow? :

Well, uhhh.... I'm trying not to read too much into this, but I AM the DH!
(I'm off to double check my use of acronyms.)

I thought you were DH, but on the page you referenced I saw this "My DH and DD surprised me by painting the coop, so it looks much better" and got all confused...

(Unless you've got the alternative lifestyle going - NTTAWWT)​

Quote:
I thought you were DH, but on the page you referenced I saw this "My DH and DD surprised me by painting the coop, so it looks much better" and got all confused...

(Unless you've got the alternative lifestyle going - NTTAWWT)

That typo is mine! I figured there was a bad reference somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom