~The Council Of Youngers of BYC! (COY)~

I candled the eggs under my hen, which are about 4 days overdue. Two of them have very large air sacs, and one has a normal sized one. No movement in any of them, still all dark since they've progressed quite far. Does the large air sacs mean anything? Anything that could have possibly killed all three for some reason?

I candled the eggs under my hen, which are about 4 days overdue. Two of them have very large air sacs, and one has a normal sized one. No movement in any of them, still all dark since they've progressed quite far. Does the large air sacs mean anything? Anything that could have possibly killed all three for some reason?

I've had large air sacks hatch without a prob. (One of our polish a couple years back had one that looked like it took up 3/4's of the egg, I was sure it was dead)
Although, four days over due.. Could be a humidity problem. I have also had humidity issues and lost a bunch because the membrane was too hard to get through. That is always crushing, but I can't monitor the humidity under a hen very well. :/

Just got back from the doctor, turns out I have a broken Fibula (the bone on the outside of your ankle) on my right ankle! Ugh!!!
barnie.gif
hit.gif

C'mon This is the second time I have had a broken ankle!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom