~The Council Of Youngers of BYC! (COY)~

Ehhhhhh about that
Army didn't work out

So I'm helping my folks with breeding rare breeds o' chickens
Next spring we'll be offering Swedish Flower Hens, Blue Isbars, Lavender Wyandottes, and Cream Legbars! And if they mature quick enough, Golden Sebright and True Araucanas

Aww, bummer, why not? Or do you not want to go into it?

That's a very good backup plan. XD I need Lavender Wyandottes. :3

Aww, bummer, why not? Or do you not want to go into it?

That's a very good backup plan. XD I need Lavender Wyandottes. :3
The military's downsizing, they're kicking people out for little things right now
I mean I did go to basic! And I was sad to leave.

Tis indeed! My Lav Wyandottes are interesting. They're docile and such, but only if you leave them alone :p
You make one step too close and they go nuts!

My dad finally got chickenfever, you see
and he wanted to make a business out of it
I went from 12 chickens to well over 100 o3o
He just bought more too; some Bresse
plus we just got 40 Araucana eggs in today, popped them in the incubator
Neeeever thought my dad would get chickenfever

Check this out
I'm going to attempt to make my own breed :p
I'm going to make a breeding pen in the next couple days, just starting small though. I've got my sights set on generation one being between my black Favaucana hen and a Lavender Wyandotte cockerel just for a small clutch of eggs to see how they turn out
By next spring, I should have a bigger breeding pool of breeds, including my Kraienkoppes, Spitzhaubens, Lyonnaise and Alsteirers
big_smile.png

My aim is to make a very large, very cold hardy, very docile, crested, meat/ornamental chicken. I'm going to throw in Polish and/or Lyonnaise in one of the generations eventually. Two of my Lyonnaise are frizzle, so I might be able to make that a thing too!

Last edited:
Whoa that sounds fricken epic. XD
mwhahahaha, my dreams of creating a breed are finally tangible and I'm going nuts over it :p
my one issue though is providing separate lines to prevent inbreeding; I only own one Favaucana, three Lyonnaise, three Spitzhaubens, and two Alsteirers :I
Although I have plenty unrelated Lav Wyandottes. I could throw Swedish Flower Hens into the mix, which is what I'm debating because I have so many of them. And if my Favaucana refused to lay, like she sometimes does, I might have to use my hatchery quality BRs instead

I've been doin' lots of thinkin' :p

Last edited:
mwhahahaha, my dreams of creating a breed are finally tangible and I'm going nuts over it :p
my one issue though is providing separate lines to prevent inbreeding; I only own one Favaucana, three Lyonnaise, three Spitzhaubens, and two Alsteirers :I
Although I have plenty unrelated Lav Wyandottes. I could throw Swedish Flower Hens into the mix, which is what I'm debating because I have so many of them. And if my Favaucana refused to lay, like she sometimes does, I might have to use my hatchery quality BRs instead

I've been doin' lots of thinkin' :p

Wow that's fascinating. When I was breeding Buckeyes that was my issue..over breeding the lines. But I've heard line breeding works well.

Back
Top Bottom