The definition of fun

rizq

Songster
11 Years
Oct 9, 2008
Tennessee
fun [fuhn] verb,funned, fun·ning, adjective
–noun

1. The sudden realization that the vines the weedeater is joyously pureeing and spewing all over you is, indeed, ivy ... of the poison variety.

Oh ... joy
barnie.gif
th.gif

Last edited:
Me too! I really think I can just LOOK at the awful stuff and break out!

Being the paranoid one that I am, I finished the weedeating as fast as I could (like 15 more minutes worth) and used about half a bar of soap in the shower
tongue.png
Hopefully I got to it soon enough!

I have it BAD all up and down my legs before. Fortunately I was wearing long pants (we use the weedeater without the guard, would be way too hazardous in shorts), but my arms and face were bare! I'll know in a day or two
tongue.png

Ummmm that one doesn't fall in my definition of fun! Panic maybe...

Watch touching those clothes! If you don't need them, I'd trash them. If you have to keep em, wash them alone and follow up with a cycle with no clothes soap and bleach in

First off this is why you should always wear long sleeves and jeans or long pants when weedeating as well as someform of face covering when dealing with any vines oh need I forget eyes and ear protection as well as gloves and a hat, Just in case it is poison of some type in them vines.. That is all please resume your scratching and Oatmeal bathes.....

Sorry to hear this I hate poison Ivy and this is how I found out about dressing liek a fool when weedeating I was covered head to toe with it Yeah don't wear sandleswhen doing it either....

ETA:
Quote:
Yep Your from PA we are the ONly people who say weed whacking and we do it in shorts that is how I found out not to do it like that.
ORG from Pittsburgh area Now I live in the Great State of TEXAS. Still bleed Black and gold though
gig.gif

Last edited:
hugs.gif
Sorry you got in poison ivy and I hope you got it cleaned off in time.
fl.gif
I have never gotten poison ivy but lots of my friends have. One of my ex bfs took me hunting with him and he had to go use the bathroom. Took him like ten minutes and I was wondering if I should go look for him when he comes up with the palest face I've ever seen. He just says we have to go home NOW. So we went home and he wouldn't tell me what was wrong the whole way. I found out the next day he squated in some poison ivy and used it to wipe his butt!
lau.gif
gig.gif
He didn't notice what it was till he stood up to walk away. It took forever for it to go away. So if you do get it remember it could be much much worse.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom