The dog bed occupiers 😄

Colley12

Songster
Aug 26, 2022
Oregon
My runners sure love the dog bed and warms my heart to walk by and see them laying there next to the door. As I was trying to catch the cool colors of my gray runner Gerald with pictures, I noticed Blacky get comfy and tuck is beak into his wings. I think he is sleeping, yet he is still standing...I have never seen that before. I was impressed, and laughing that he didn't just lay down. But he is the dominant male, maybe he is protecting his flock?
:pop :love

Also, ignore the dirty glass pane 😬

Attachments

• 20221025_143500.jpg
    20221025_143500.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 20221025_143350.jpg
    20221025_143350.jpg
    478.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221025_143322.jpg
    20221025_143322.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221025_143336.jpg
    20221025_143336.jpg
    406.3 KB · Views: 4
My runners sure love the dog bed and warms my heart to walk by and see them laying there next to the door. As I was trying to catch the cool colors of my gray runner Gerald with pictures, I noticed Blacky get comfy and tuck is beak into his wings. I think he is sleeping, yet he is still standing...I have never seen that before. I was impressed, and laughing that he didn't just lay down. But he is the dominant male, maybe he is protecting his flock?
:pop :love

Also, ignore the dirty glass pane 😬
so adorable!

Love the photos! It's impossible to see too many pictures of beautiful ducks!

My runners occasionally seem to sleep standing up -- that is, until my ornery goose girls run up behind them and "yell" at them!

Don't think a thing about the dirty glass pane; it's just a part of life with poultry. Chickens, ducks and geese used to press their little faces against my glass door. I hung a sign reading "Poop Deck" from one of my deck railing posts -- it kind of warned my human visitors to step carefully.

All the birds were seriously annoyed when I installed a gate on the railing this summer because I was tired of cleaning up their messes. They glare at me from the other side now.

My girls can see in through the back door from their pen, whenever someone appears they start furiously head bobbing at them and quacking for us to come out and see them 😂
🤣 ours too!! They know the treat lady lives inside! They knock on the window with their beaks too "Hey lady..."

We let the dog out that door and they run after him to forage in the yard while he is outside 🤣 our kitchen table is close to the door too, so when we sit down for a meal they are all standing at the door watching us!

Luckily their antics are hilarious to watch and keeps my husband and kids entertained enough he doesn't seem to mind they are pooping machines...all over our deck 😬

Back
Top Bottom