The dreaded question.. sex this please!

I’m confused. Am I understanding that Easter Egger pullets aren’t usually red? I have two others that look exactly like her (1st pic). I was trying to determine the sex of my eight week old chick from this girl (2nd pic), and the two (🤣) replies I got said cockerel. What am I missing here?
View attachment 3495586View attachment 3495587
It’s uneven, splotchy read and in specific areas. That orangey buff color is very common among females but it’s when they get the darker red and/or get it over the wing bows etc. instead of the whole body being even and uniform. That said, if your birds are truly only 8 weeks old then I think they might both be boys. But time will tell.

It’s uneven, splotchy read and in specific areas. That orangey buff color is very common among females but it’s when they get the darker red and/or get it over the wing bows etc. instead of the whole body being even and uniform. That said, if your birds are truly only 8 weeks old then I think they might both be boys. But time will tell.
The one I’m holding is 10 months old and laying eggs, the darker small one is her baby.

Back
Top Bottom