The Duck Feet Thread

Dickie's little five-day-old feet

Snowflake's spotted little four-day-old feet

Some horse people have commented on the white hooves being flakier than solid black hooves, so who knows?

-Kathy

Exactly! Maybe that explains why his bill is so flaky, too. His toenails look more like macaroni than a birdy body part!

The black hooves do seem more dense. Holds true for dog toenails too. I don't have any shots of the bottoms, but here's 2 of my 3... It kind of shows my third.

I have a crazy idea - let's have everyone share their duck feet! There seems to be such a surprising amount of foot related problems with domestic ducks, I think it would be nice to take a minute and snap a picture of our duck's feet to share with the world :D So - let's see it all - the beautiful, the gross, the scabby little webbies we all love. Let's be more aware of one of the most important parts on a ducks body, and one of the most treatable problems if caught early. I'll go first. I only have pictures of two of my ducks feet right now, I'm actually excited to get more. I know, I'm a dork. The two girls were adopted at 8 months old, and had some minor foot issues from being on hot hard packed earth all day, and no pond. Here we have Julia first, then Rosa - I haven't had to do any treatments yet, they are already doing much better after moving to cool grass and a pond. Now it's your turn. Turn your ducks over and snap a pic for us. Let's see what we can find!
your idea was great. Lots of fun .

Back
Top Bottom