The Duck Thread

That's my problem with going my the "lake." All those domestic ducks just break my heart. A week ago my husband asked if I wanted to go get a burger and eat it by the "lake," I had to tell him, "No." It was the answer he expected. He ate there a few weeks ago and it even hurt his heart. He apparently told some man to not chase the geese and to bring cat food the next time he brought his little boy to the lake. Go figure. I think he is becoming a Pappa Duck.
The reason I call it a "lake" is because it is more of slough. I would never eat a fish that came out of that place.
I wish you could get a water fowl rescue to come and get them all. Good for your husband, People chase the geese and are cruel to them and then wonder why the geese are aggressive, That is a no brainer.

I was down at the VA Hospital yesterday and I was surprised to find these two nesting so close together
smile.png

I have been watching this lady for more then three week now and maybe next week she will have a bunch of little ones following her
pop.gif

North of us is the city of Abilene, TX. They have several lakes but on in particular seems to attract the dumping of domestic waterfowl. Recently they began to catch the ducks and geese that were dumped there...several hundred of them. The city animal shelter then caged them and put them up for adoption at only 3 bucks each. They said that they had more people that wanted them than they had birds to go around. I know that many of them will end up in freezers but hopefully some of them will have a nice long life in a nice home. I did not find out about the whole thing until it was over or I would have a lot more birds than I do.

I have to run to Tractor supply today for starter (we have an order of ducklings coming soon!) but.....lets see if we have the strength to leave the store without bringing home a couple of babies today LOL! Last week we did resist but I am not sure we can resist twice.

I have to run to Tractor supply today for starter (we have an order of ducklings coming soon!) but.....lets see if we have the strength to leave the store without bringing home a couple of babies today LOL! Last week we did resist but I am not sure we can resist twice.
Just turn your head and plug your ears when you pass the babies. Might not work, would not work with me, but give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom