The Duck Thread

Hi all. I have 3 muscovies arriving tomorrow. They are only 1 day old. I have never had any birds. I have 2 pigs and had goats. Just looking for any words of wisdom. I am assuming to keep them inside for a few weeks. I live on Long Island in New York.

Hello, yeah you're probably gunna want to keep them in for a couple of weeks. I got my two when they were at 7 and 9 weeks old. They aren't even a year old yet but my female went broody an I'm expecting eggs around the 28. In my opinion they one of the nicest birds to own.

Last edited:
love.gif
Gorgeous duck birbs!! @Julie Bird
Thank you so much my love, Debs. I cannot believe how ADORABLE @caesargirl 's burbs are. I so wanna hug both of them. I love the big size difference between Oliver and Clover. I find ducks to be extremely cute. I don't know why.

I wiped down the area where he was bleeding from yesterday and trimmed the feathers surrounding it as well. I'm gonna spend the day making a run for him and his girls. I'm also thinking I'll let him be outside with the girls while I'm outside. What do you guys think?
Aw, bless his sweet brave heart. I am sorry for the whole ordeal with your birds. He's a beautiful and very cute boy.

Hi all. I have 3 muscovies arriving tomorrow. They are only 1 day old. I have never had any birds. I have 2 pigs and had goats. Just looking for any words of wisdom. I am assuming to keep them inside for a few weeks. I live on Long Island in New York.
@Miss Lydia is a wonderful and extremely knowledgable 'scovy owner. Her Opie is one of a kind.

Sorry been tied up last couple of days. Sick child and sick bunny. Trying to figure out best options to puncher an abscess or pay thousand dollar vet bill. Worryed about infections.

One of drake's high libido has lead to some of the ladies having pulled neck feathers. I have separated him with three gals he ignores. Idiot is still ignoring them. Like a guy, if the gals want him, he ignores them and if they don't want him, he can't leave them alone.

The pulled feathers led to a couple of the gals getting small sores on their necks. Can I use Neosportin or Green Goo on the neck? I am concerned that using those might lead to the rest of the feathers messed up during preening.

Thanks.

Yvette

Back
Top Bottom