The Duck Thread

My duck is seven week olde .when he is five week older is feathers turn brown and then fall .imso worried about him pleade tell me what can ico .he didnot eat much as he eat before.here are some picgures also
At 7 weeks old he should be getting a really good diet appropriate for poultry can you tell us what you are feeding and the pics didn't come through.

I am taking about yellow duck anth the age of black duck is 10 week and when he is 9 week older he also start fallen his feathers

This is my first pet and give them vegetables ,rice ,bread
Ducks need a diet appropriate to waterfowl. You can feed them chick starter when they are young and chicken feed when they are older with no problem. They MUST have additional niacin in their diet when young to avoid problems with bones and their nervous system. Things like vegetables and rice can be fed only now and then as a treat. Opinions are mixed but bread is not really good for ducks at any age. Their feather loss might be due to a dietary deficiency.

Where are you located? Is there a feed store nearby that sells poultry feed? Can you get some dietary niacin (brewers yeast...not the kind you bake with) to add to their diet?

This is my first pet and give them vegetables ,rice ,bread
What they are lacking is protein. protein is what feathers are made of and if they aren't eating protein their feathers will not grow properly or fall out and that is what your seeing. Bread has no nutrients in it that is beneficial for the ducklings it is nothing but filler.

Vegetables are okay but on our own we don't know how much of what to give them to keep them healthy that is why we have to rely on poultry feed to give them exactly what they need.

Rice along with veggies and bread isn't adequate either. If you looked up on line a home made poultry diet and see what all has to be added to make it healthy you'd be amazed and finding it all is near to impossible for most of us so we relay on feed manufactures to help us out.
If your ducklings could be outside and eating bugs ,worms etc. they would be getting some protein to supplement their diet.
Your ducklings really need some help to become healthy ducks.

Do you have someone close to you who has ducks? go look at their folk see if they have shiny feathers and no bald spots then ask them what they feed them.

Back
Top Bottom